• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Formula 1 2013 thread.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Maybe the explanation is in your post #131 of this thread.

Not so sure TB. Had there been anything untoward going on I'm pretty sure one of the other teams, in all liklihood Ferrari, would have been straight to the head teacher to complain. It hasn't happened so its probably BS.

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
It looks perfectly feasible and is very clever, but does it break the rules with regards traction control systems (if true)?

If true, I'll bet if complies with the letter of the law, if not the spirit...... It is sometimes said that is AN was an accountant - his billionaire clients would only be paying 1% tax, if that...

Adrian Newey is a genius and understands the very letter of the rules, and how close he can sail to it (incl engine mapping etc)

It is not random that he has now become the single most valuable man in F1 (source = http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ian-Newey-is-the-most-valuable-man-in-F1.html )

That said, Vettel and Newey have been a good partnership, Vettel can get the best out of the car to maximize the advantage. Although, it must be said that there have been other good peddle men who have learnt to drive AN's cars well in the past, and will be more in the future..

Not bad going for a bloke who dropped out of school...

G

grumpyoldb

Several hours after it was first reported that Kimi Raikkonen will miss the two remaining races of the season, Lotus has issued a brief official statement.
It reads:

"Lotus F1 Team can confirm that Kimi Räikkönen will miss the final two races of the 2013 Formula 1 season to undergo, and recover from, back surgery. The team will make an announcement about the replacement driver for the United States and Brazilian Grands Prix in due course."

http://www.pitpass.com/50408/Lotus-officially-confirms-Raikkonens-absence

Ha! Where's my money, more like.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
End of the DEAD BULL Formula..

End of the DEAD BULL Formula..

Thank god.. Back to some engine development to fight aerodynamic dominance.. Bring back anothe tyre war too please.. and someone bite that finger off.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
What if....

What if....

Found this as I could not be bothered to work it out myself.

http://www.formula1blog.com/opinion---editorial/what-if-vettel-didnt-exist-in-2013/

Not sure how accurate it is, and think Webber would still have come second but would have been a bit closer...
,,,and button would have made it on the podium.

They made it easy for vettel. Moving over to let him past yet fighting tooth and nail to stop Webber/ Hamilton getting past.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
The change of tyres back to the 2012 specification played right back into RBRs hands, allowing the RB9 to show its ultimate potential while handicapping the ferrari and Merc efforts.. Same may happen next year.. Hope Renault make a clunker..

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Please forgive me if this question is in the wrong place.
A pal of mine used to be a development engineer for engines (starting with motor cycle types), and we were talking this evening about the possibility of 1.5L turbo-charged engine for F1 cars. He carefully explained to me (Not me, Chief, I'm Wireless) some of the technical problems with this type of engine but we wondered if, given the rumoured changes that all engine will be the same spec, there will be a limit on the Boost Pressure permitted.
Can anyone please add some info ?

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Please forgive me if this question is in the wrong place.
A pal of mine used to be a development engineer for engines (starting with motor cycle types), and we were talking this evening about the possibility of 1.5L turbo-charged engine for F1 cars. He carefully explained to me (Not me, Chief, I'm Wireless) some of the technical problems with this type of engine but we wondered if, given the rumoured changes that all engine will be the same spec, there will be a limit on the Boost Pressure permitted.
Can anyone please add some info ?

87-88 the majority of the field ran with 1.5l turbos, quite successfully

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I believe Ferrari are supplying all the engines.
That was why they insisted on a V6 and not a straight 4.

So it should follow that all will be the same, same boost, etc.
Much as McLaren supplied all the ECUs this year...

And on a completely different topic, the clever people can overwrite an ECU to alter all sorts of different values, such as boost input, pressure, etc. Had my beasty done last year and increased my horses by nearly 50%, and the beauty is that i get much better MPG also.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
*Off topic*

Can you recommend anyone in particular?

Wayne at Chipwizards, Milnrow, Rochdale, near Manchester is a top bod.
Knows his stuff, and is also used by the professionals. While i was there a covered wagon brought in a BMW (one level down from BTCC) for him to do his magic on.
Mind, he is difficult to contact. You`ll understand why when you go.

Craig855s

Sergeant
I believe Ferrari are supplying all the engines.
That was why they insisted on a V6 and not a straight 4.

So it should follow that all will be the same, same boost, etc.
Much as McLaren supplied all the ECUs this year...

And on a completely different topic, the clever people can overwrite an ECU to alter all sorts of different values, such as boost input, pressure, etc. Had my beasty done last year and increased my horses by nearly 50%, and the beauty is that i get much better MPG also.

Incorrect, the power units (as they're called, engines and energy recovery systems) are being built buy mercedes, renault and ferrari (with the smaller teams buying theirs from those 3 manufacturers) with Honda developing a package for the 2015 onwards seasons (which at the very least Mclaren will switch to)

Here's hoping Mercedes build the best package so that Merc AMG,Mclaren and Force india can all be up there