• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Formula 1 2013 thread.

G

grumpyoldb

I don't see why they don't try car to car refuelling on track....................... :pDT_Xtremez_07:

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
They'll be stopping refuelling next ;)

I think that is a good idea.....The car has to be fuel efficient enough to complete the race distance with one tank full.

It won't be long till they have diesel moving onto fully electric cars.

You heard it here first.

Mr SCJ

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Stunning pole position by Hamilton with Mercedes having missed out on the testing of the new tyres too.

Now just got to keep that ruddy one-fingered German tw@t behind him at the start tomorrow.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Just watching a documentary about Hunt-Lauda in the 1976 season. Now that was racing!

Yeah just watched it too, it was the first year I really got into F1, and what a year! Remember getting up early to watch the race from Japan and waiting for an eternity for it to start.
Wouldn't want today's F1 to be as safety blase as it was back then, but would love to see the sport made more competitve.

G

grumpyoldb

Singabore...

Vettel wins, Webbers engine gives up the ghost on the last lap..

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ::/:

A pity it wasn't t'other way round. :pDT_Xtremez_31:
I was half hoping that Grosjean would take him out at the first corner. Maybe next time. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

G

grumpyoldb

Some interesting thoughts from former F1 team owner Gian Carlo Minardi who was situated at monitors during the Singapore race. He says that watching the laptimes and excelleration times of Vettels car and also the engine tone seems to remind him of when traction control was legal in F1................ ??? :pDT_Xtremez_06:

http://www.pitpass.com/50014/Minardi-questions-Vettels-Singapore-superiority

........... but they wouldn't. Would they? Nah! :S

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Why not do it as someone once said "in motor racing it's not cheating UNTIL you get caught"

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Some interesting thoughts from former F1 team owner Gian Carlo Minardi who was situated at monitors during the Singapore race. He says that watching the laptimes and excelleration times of Vettels car and also the engine tone seems to remind him of when traction control was legal in F1................ ??? :pDT_Xtremez_06:

http://www.pitpass.com/50014/Minardi-questions-Vettels-Singapore-superiority

........... but they wouldn't. Would they? Nah! :S

Hmmm, would be one of the most audacious cases of cheating ever if they've managed it. They use a standard engine management system in today's cars so I can't see how they'd achieve it.

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
Hmmm, would be one of the most audacious cases of cheating ever if they've managed it. They use a standard engine management system in today's cars so I can't see how they'd achieve it.

Well if a 12 year old can hack into the CIA it can't be that hard to hack into a standard (McLaren) ECU without the FIA finding out.

Mr SCJ