• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is the most strange/stupid place you have found a loose article?

S

shirley286

I found a twix and a pound coin in the rear seat of a GR4, result.:PDT_Xtremez_19:

B

Beerofund

2'ba' spanner (etched with a Valley tool kit number) inside a flying control accumulator on (Hydraulic fluid side) on a JP at Halton. It had developed a fault so we as a 'real time' snag investigated and found it. Records checked later by our instructor proved it had been in there years and flying quite happily before it was retired as a training aircraft.:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Posh Parker pen in the footwell of an Avro Anson.

Small torch lodged behind the AYF altimeter of a Canberra

No thanks for either, though!

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Honington, Bucc ASF, Very early 80's -

End of Shift Tool Kit checks showed a Torch missing - last used by a JT installing a new Bomb Door Jack.
Grabbed another Torch and ... there it was...behind the new Jack!
After a short consultation we tied said (and by now quite angry) JT to the Bomb Door with Lashing Tape and rolled it closed.
After about half an hour he'd managed to saw through the torch and remove both halves.

JT removed later.

Job Done!

The Bowmeister

Darkside Jedi Master
a nice shiney phone got found on a 216 sqn tristar on the A/F during the cabin clean up. After it was switched on (No code needed) it was found to contain lots of photo's of a very fit bird in various states of undress, including "GROWLER" out.
Unfortunatley it was reported as missing to the terminal duty Rozzer who phoned up and asked if it had been found - Bugger :PDT_Xtremez_21:

G

gemarriott

chinagraph pencil on the floor of an A10 I was being shown around by the Jockey when it diverted in to Wattashambles, cnut didn't even say ta:PDT_Xtremez_31:

tubbyj

LAC
Strangest one i ever saw was a squash racket behind the front seat of a bucanneer when he came back from a landaway

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
a nice shiney phone got found on a 216 sqn tristar on the A/F during the cabin clean up. After it was switched on (No code needed) it was found to contain lots of photo's of a very fit bird in various states of undress, including "GROWLER" out.
Unfortunatley it was reported as missing to the terminal duty Rozzer who phoned up and asked if it had been found - Bugger :PDT_Xtremez_21:

Off Topic I bet it never even occured to you to do a "bluetooth raid" either did it ? :PDT_Xtremez_2:

shettie

Flight Sergeant
Early 80's Mazirah with Grass... Victor tanker burnt out on the end of the runway after throwing a compressor blade during it's takeoff run - I believe that a f'ck off torque wrench handle was found inside one of the wing roots - been there since they put the wings on!

:PDT_Xtremez_42:

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Early 80's, Sri Lanka doing top cover for HMQ. Did a pan walk-round pre-start and found a fecking horse shoe about 10ft in front of one of the Nimrod donks! Now that WAS lucky!

C

Comms_Lad

Whaaatttssss that thennnnn????:PDT_Xtremez_35:

If his phone was sophisticated enough to have the ability to have piccys of said fit bird with growler sniffing, then chances are it had bluetooth.

All you need is a bluetooth enabled phone of your own, then you raid his phone with yours and copy all the nice piccys. So when you hand the phone back to him and he says "thank you" you turn around and say "No, Thank you sir" leaves him confused (he might work it out eventually), but whats he gonna do lol

S

Scottow Horseshoe

Deci many, many moons ago

Deci many, many moons ago

So there I was on the pan at Deci and the pretty new-ish Red and White wonder (Panavia MRCA) was sitting around doing nothing, I'd decided to have a look around, I stuck my bonce into the nose U/C bay and found a wooden handled screwdriver probably from around the time of the last Italian surrender (About 03.20 the previous night in the Italian bar)....I took it over to the eyetie liney who had been farting about with it a half an hour before and he checked their shadow board....as you may have guessed...all the spaces were full and all the tags were "In", so he walked out onto the pan, pointed himself toward the "Bondu" and THREW! I asked in broken Italian "Where was it last" his answer "Germany" but not with YOU LOT....so much for teutonic efficency!!

gearbox

LAC
I once found a torch on the hydraulic pipes of a herc engine, it had the markings for a PRF tool kit and had been flying for some time.
I returned it to Tiny the FS in the bay - he promptly punched me on the shoulder and thanked me for not taking it further and making it public.
He then went off to punch the individual responsible - evidently this was Tiny's trade mark!

S

Scottow Horseshoe

Tiny......

Tiny......

That wouldn't be a big Welsh lad would it? Worked on A-Line for a bit....

P

pjvr99

Brought a bunch of Pongoes back from Zim/Mozambique border on a Herk, and loaded them onto their trucks. Next moment one of the apprentices comes to me and says, 'Sarge, there's something under the centre seats.' A live 60mm phosphorous mortar shell doesn't do much for your day .....

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Brought a bunch of Pongoes back from Zim/Mozambique border on a Herk, and loaded them onto their trucks. Next moment one of the apprentices comes to me and says, 'Sarge, there's something under the centre seats.' A live 60mm phosphorous mortar shell doesn't do much for your day .....

Reminds me of the WAAF Orficer who allegedly removed all the "remove before flight" safety devices in live 'winders in the back of a Herc! Bet the Plumbers were happy with that!:PDT_Xtremez_42:

P

pjvr99

While working fighters, 2 Aermacchi 326's were engaged in 1v1 ACM. Next moment 1 called emergency and had the runway cleared. He came down like the proverbial bolt of lightning, leveled out, slammed the plane onto the runway, shut off the engine, hit the brakes, released his harness on the Martin-Baker, and jumped out of the plane while it was still moving. His story: snake in the cockpit!! The Hoedspruit area is well known for Black and Green Mamba's. Snake was never found, though .....

mac

LAC
Hi, no not the same Tiny, the one in the Bay was also huge and he did biff people !!! The A line chap was from Tonypandy and his folks ran Pandy Post office !!!

S

Scottow Horseshoe

Tiny 2

Tiny 2

Hi, no not the same Tiny, the one in the Bay was also huge and he did biff people !!! The A line chap was from Tonypandy and his folks ran Pandy Post office !!!

From what I can remember he was friendly in a "random acts of violence" way too, picked me up by the epaulettes of my denims to say "Hello" once!

Back