• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wii on home network

S

scaleywife

Just got Brain Academy or whatever it is called, Funniest thing ever was watching our 12yr get a more 'intelligent rating' than his mother!! How I laughed...:PDT_Xtremez_28:

Oy!!!! He only beat me once after he had had loads of practice and I'm getting my new specs today so he'd better watch out. I am the brainy one in the family and he had better not forget it!!! (Apparently I am getting a DS Lite so I will be able to improve my brain power anyway!!)

The Wii is a great console, keeps the kids moving instead of shooting things on CoD and is the one console I have taken to.... fabulous for drunken evening with the mates too.... just make sure you move the furniture and have a handy first aid kit. We have suffered Wii related injuries already.

I think the entry price is reasonable, about £200 for all that you need and some of the games are coming down in price now.

M

maninthevan

(Apparently I am getting a DS Lite so I will be able to improve my brain power anyway!!)

Are you indeed...??????????

Your wifely duties are already being neglected woman...!! Had to make dinner twice this week already!!

M

maninthevan

So did you get the Wii hooked up to your WiFi then

All done and up and running m8. Thanks for the tip. Haven't had time yet to see what yu can access on there apart from a quick look at the Weather Chan this morning.

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
All done and up and running m8. Thanks for the tip. Haven't had time yet to see what yu can access on there apart from a quick look at the Weather Chan this morning.

Glad you did it, been offline for a fair while as my laptop died and now my new laptop has arrived i'm back.

M

monobrow

Got a Wii yesterday (wasn't expecting it as an anniversary pressie!!!). Absolutely brilliant, even if the 3 yr old plays golf like happy gilmore.

Anyone have any experience in sharing the internet on Wii by using an ad hoc network (i.e. no router)

Thinking cheapest option here but looking around, I'm gonna need a wireless router to get this thing online!

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
I've managed to get one through Argos (god knows how, given the shortages) and I can't make my mind up whether or not to keep it until Christmas and surprise Mrs Rover, or get drunk at the weekend and have ourselves an early present.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

We've had a Wii since the summer and it's great! I found the Wii sports bowling and the golf brilliant! A little disappointed by big brain academy though.

Unfortunately the arrival of Mini BEngO has sapped our spare time so we don't get much chance to play it - that and it had to go back to Nintendo for a month after the CD drive broke. Give them their due though, Nintendo sorted it with no quibble.

After she kept going on about it after seeing the adverts, I have bought Mrs BEngO 'Smooth Moves' for a Christmas present. It looks like it could be a right good giggle after a few drinks at Christmas!

And Roverboy - my advice would be to wait for Christmas when you are in a party mood. It'll make the experience so much better!

K

Kernow

I might carefully unpack it and get 3 weeks practice in beforehand!!

Just got the kids Mario/Sonic olympics (or whatever it's called) great feckin laugh it is, after playing against the kids for a couple of hours I was fecked.

Get the Roverbird a hamster for christmas and just open the Wii now!

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Just got the kids Mario/Sonic olympics (or whatever it's called) great feckin laugh it is, after playing against the kids for a couple of hours I was fecked.

You've bought the kids toys this close to Christmas? I used to have a toy embargo for the whole of November and December as a nipper. I was told that anything I was bought would be deducted from Santa's list!!! There again, my old man WAS grumpier than Gem!!

M

monobrow

Best bit of advice yet. Even just with Wii sports you can have a chuffin good laugh!

Recommend Rayman Raving Rabbits and soon is going to be WiiFit!! -> http://e3nin.nintendo.com/wii_fit.html . Mine had to go back for a CD drive fault like Bengo, but we did it through the company we got it from. Kinda wished it'd gone to Nintendo cos it looks like we might be Wii-less for Chrimble

:S :S

K

Kernow

You've bought the kids toyr this close to Christmas? I used to have a toy embargo for the whole of November and December as a nipper. I was told that anything I was bought would be deducted from Santa's list!!! There again, my old man WAS grumpier than Gem!!

I didn't think that was possible:PDT_Xtremez_31:

They put their money towrds it as well so didn't see a problem, though Mrs K wasn't happy as it was on the youngest one's list:PDT_Xtremez_14:

I

Inch High PI

Also just managed to get a Wii from the John Lewis website, already thrashed the missus at Wii Golf. Pity I am not as good at real golf.

tats

Sergeant
I want to get another game for my Wii, haven't played on it too much as I keep forgetting its there (kinda hidden away as I brought it towards the end of my degree and kinda wanted to pass it)

I've only brought Zelda so far and want to buy another one but no idea what to get, am thinking about the Brain Academy but not sure.

What are people's best recommendations? :PDT_Xtremez_30: Also wondering whether to buy another controller as its a bit crap just having one.

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
I want to get another game for my Wii, haven't played on it too much as I keep forgetting its there (kinda hidden away as I brought it towards the end of my degree and kinda wanted to pass it)

I've only brought Zelda so far and want to buy another one but no idea what to get, am thinking about the Brain Academy but not sure.

What are people's best recommendations? :PDT_Xtremez_30: Also wondering whether to buy another controller as its a bit crap just having one.

Can recommend Mario Galaxy, and if you like a bit of the FPS(First Person Shooter) try red steel. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicals is pretty hard. Also i have Resident Evil 4, Rayman Ravin Rabbids 1, Big Brain Academy, Wii Play, Call of Duty 3, Metroid Corruption and a few more and to be honest i haven't played a bad game yet. I'm thinking about getting the new lego star wars one as it looks hilarious. Keep an eye out for mario kart wii and smash brothers brawl.

If you want any more info let me know.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Can recommend Mario Galaxy, and if you like a bit of the FPS(First Person Shooter) try red steel. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicals is pretty hard. Also i have Resident Evil 4, Rayman Ravin Rabbids 1, Big Brain Academy, Wii Play, Call of Duty 3, Metroid Corruption and a few more and to be honest i haven't played a bad game yet. I'm thinking about getting the new lego star wars one as it looks hilarious. Keep an eye out for mario kart wii and smash brothers brawl.

If you want any more info let me know.

We had the Lego Star Wars games on our PS2. They are great. The new one out combines all of them into one game with some extra levels. Considering it for our Wii they're that much fun!

Back