• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wii on home network

stacker1195

Sergeant
We had the Lego Star Wars games on our PS2. They are great. The new one out combines all of them into one game with some extra levels. Considering it for our Wii they're that much fun!

Plus you use the controller like a light saber!! :PDT_Xtremez_17:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
What are people's best recommendations? :PDT_Xtremez_30: Also wondering whether to buy another controller as its a bit crap just having one.

Colleagues at work have recommended "Traumacentre", where you get to perform operations on patients. Perfect for autopsy-addicted Rover bird!!

tats

Sergeant
Can recommend Mario Galaxy, and if you like a bit of the FPS(First Person Shooter) try red steel. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicals is pretty hard. Also i have Resident Evil 4, Rayman Ravin Rabbids 1, Big Brain Academy, Wii Play, Call of Duty 3, Metroid Corruption and a few more and to be honest i haven't played a bad game yet. I'm thinking about getting the new lego star wars one as it looks hilarious. Keep an eye out for mario kart wii and smash brothers brawl.

If you want any more info let me know.

That seems hard to find now, and read a review that said only buy it for the remote as its not that great, is that correct? It was one of the reaons for me getting it but as I said very hard to find.

I really should use the console more seeing as I seem to have a lot of time on my hands now (which won't last after jan) and for some reason my bank balance is looking pretty good. Also wondering where is the best place to get games, I mean I know Game does points and stuff or is it worth trying to find them cheaper off the net, also is there any reason not to buy pre-owned games?

M

monobrow

also is there any reason not to buy pre-owned games?

Shouldn't be a problem with console games. If you want cheap though there are some good GameCube titles out there that it'll play! Or even get on the Virtual Console for some great retro action playing things like Zelda - Ocarina of Time, or the original NES Mario Brothers or even ones for the Mega Drive. -> http://wii.nintendo.com/virtualconsole.jsp

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
That seems hard to find now, and read a review that said only buy it for the remote as its not that great, is that correct? It was one of the reaons for me getting it but as I said very hard to find.

I really should use the console more seeing as I seem to have a lot of time on my hands now (which won't last after jan) and for some reason my bank balance is looking pretty good. Also wondering where is the best place to get games, I mean I know Game does points and stuff or is it worth trying to find them cheaper off the net, also is there any reason not to buy pre-owned games?

I get most of my games from Play.com
Normally the cheapest around with free quick delivery.
Tesco are normally pretty cheap but stores sometimes have low amounts of stock and run out quickly.

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant

Well i had to get hold of a Wii from amazon germany and they had wii play then, but none (new) now. Generally i look online but Toys r us are pretty good and even tesco.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
That seems hard to find now, and read a review that said only buy it for the remote as its not that great, is that correct?

No it isn't right. Wii play is great fun. Anytime you want to feel humbled, play a round of golf against SB jnr :PDT_Xtremez_30:

tats

Sergeant
My Wii came from amazon germany too, I saw Wii Play somewhere the other day (can't remember which website now) it just seems like a good deal to get a remote with it.

Send the boy round SB I'm sure I could learn a few things.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
My Wii came from amazon germany too, I saw Wii Play somewhere the other day (can't remember which website now) it just seems like a good deal to get a remote with it.

Send the boy round SB I'm sure I could learn a few things.

It's the one disk we keep going back to. The free controller was just a bonus, I suspect new year will be Wii bowling on the pi$$..... just like last year :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Behave yourself you naughty girl, he's too young for you ! ::P:

tats

Sergeant
Behave yourself you naughty girl, he's too young for you ! ::P:

You're the one with the dirty mind, I was talking about Wii Play/Golf

And I found this for £89.99:

This bundle consists of:

* Official Nintendo Wii Nunchuk Controller
* Wii Play with Wii Remote
* Super Mario Galaxy

Good deal??

Last edited:

tats

Sergeant
Right just been back on the Wii, can't play platform games, find them so boring and confusing and I rarely have a clue what I'm supposed to be doing so they're out.

Any other ideas??

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Right just been back on the Wii, can't play platform games, find them so boring and confusing and I rarely have a clue what I'm supposed to be doing so they're out.

Any other ideas??

What type of games do you/are you enjoy/to play? Oh and Mario galaxy although brilliant is a bit of problem for those not used to 3D platformers.

tats

Sergeant
What type of games do you/are you enjoy/to play? Oh and Mario galaxy although brilliant is a bit of problem for those not used to 3D platformers.

Well if anyone wants to buy Zelda off me they are welcome to it.

I like beat em ups, have got an Xbox (original) and still haven't finished Halo 1 although did really like it. Sports are ok, but not like Pro Evo soccer or anything. Racing games, or crashing ones that sorts of thing I guess.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
It looks like play.com have sold out of Lego Star Wars for the Wii and PS3.

Tats, why not try the Simpsons game? They are generally quite good to be honest and some of the characters' catch phrases are aimed at adults and funny as feck!!!

tats

Sergeant
It looks like play.com have sold out of Lego Star Wars for the Wii and PS3.

Tats, why not try the Simpsons game? They are generally quite good to be honest and some of the characters' catch phrases are aimed at adults and funny as feck!!!

Got the old one for my xbox and didn't find it that easy to play really. I guess I could probably sell both consoles and not have any problems as I barely play them, although I do love the boxing :PDT_Xtremez_28:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
The trouble with the Wii is all the games as well as the consoles seem to shifting rather rapidly at the moment.
Did you enjoy the bowling game on Wii sports? There is a more realistic bowling game out called Brunswick Bowling.
The Godfather is supposed to be very good as well. I'm led to believe you get to strangle people and slap their face!!!

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
"Red Steel" (a beat em up/shoot em up) is supposed to be good. I've got it included with mine, but haven't played it yet. I'll let you know after the weekend.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I've got Red Steel. Gave it to my brother. Bored the crap out of me. The ads for it looked good but I dont rate the game at all.
Just been to my local Argos and they had 7 copies of Lego Star Wars.
Thats 6 now!:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Back