• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

12th of June coming soon

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
... but as we've been told nothing as of yet (with only two days to go) I fear that they'll do it the same way!HTB

Same thing in my office HTB no one knows, nor has been briefed on, who the bringer of the happy/sad news will be.

Max

Sergeant
So if I get told to go see the Staish(possibly) then why would I bother as I would already know why? I am not interested in any waffle about how sorry anyone is or any other cr*p just tell me and I can get on with the rest.

And although I read about notifying officers in the DIN I am unaware of who it would be especially since my jengo is in line for it too.

Last edited:
M

monobrow

Must be different rules for different camps. The 3 camps I have people working at have been told who their notifying officer is.
I got asked who I'd like to notify me, then later on found out looking at the manning plot that I'll be notified by someone else anyway.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Our place is following the same format as last time. All those in the field gathered together by Wings to be called in to see the OC Wing alphabetically by surname. Given the news by the Wg Cdr and leave by another door to face the rest of their life.

It worked very well last time and I dont doubt it will work very well this time too.

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Ah well.

At least it will take our minds off the match tonight!

Then again, if you are having problems sleeping, watch it. :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Last edited:

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Not very helpful comments from Army manning bloke.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...riates-troops-with-Service-transfer-quip.html

Also from the link

"A third of the 900 RAF redundancies will come from its senior officers with 30 group captains, 40 wing commanders and 115 squadron leaders chopped.
It is also understood that up to half-a-dozen of the 26 Air Vice Marshals will be go."

26 AVM's????

How else would you expect to keep the Gold Braid industry in business?

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
And from the same link,

What about the liability for call up for up to 18 years?

Apparently I have a call up liability even though I have done 23 and not left under redundancy.

Realistically, what are they going to do if you tell them to ram it? I would answer the call for a genuine threat to the country about to be invaded situation, anything else and they will be told I am smacked off my t1ts and will be in as soon as the little pink elephants leave me alone and stop telling me to stab all the clowns.

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Apparently I have a call up liability even though I have done 23 and not left under redundancy.

Realistically, what are they going to do if you tell them to ram it? I would answer the call for a genuine threat to the country about to be invaded situation, anything else and they will be told I am smacked off my t1ts and will be in as soon as the little pink elephants leave me alone and stop telling me to stab all the clowns.

But I thought there was no reserve commitment if you did the 22!

br9mp81

Corporal
so the day before the mod sack's troops william hauge say's we may send troops on another op in the middle east,will these plonkers never get it together.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Well I thought that too....Got told even as I was on los 30 and getting kicked out the end of August I still had a reserve commitment till the day before my 55 birthday.

SCJ
Ask them for a retainer .......

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
But I thought there was no reserve commitment if you did the 22!

I did 25 and was told of no reserve liabilities on leaving therefore there is none [in my book]. Again if we were under imminent threat of jackboots stomping down Kendal High Street I would answer the call OR if the offending conflict was somewhere nice, preferably tropical and against a fruit throwing tribe of pygmies then I could be lured out of retirement...but as long as were unreceipted!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Ahem...[in my book]...the Fuego Act 2012 says they can go feck themselves.

I'm sure I could find a reason like working on a time critical defence programme to dissuade them from requiring my measly and lack lustre services again.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Ahem...[in my book]...the Fuego Act 2012 says they can go feck themselves.

I'm sure I could find a reason like working on a time critical defence programme to dissuade them from requiring my measly and lack lustre services again.

I think you're pretty safe Vim..
The RAF management is stupid.... but ffs, to want you back after your first attempt....

Back