• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

12th of June coming soon

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I remain to be convinced of this massive spike in PVRs coming post tranche 2. Sure some will but I don't think it will be the surge that many here think. The thought of leaving a relatively cushy wage earning job is quite a big step.....

kawoloki

Sergeant
I didn't apply for tranche 1 (buying a house, baby daughter ill and tubed up in hospital) but was selected. However, as I was deployed to Masannah at the time of the announcements the Wing Commander shredded the letter.

At first I wasn't sure if I had dodged a bullet or not but now I wish that I hadn't been anywhere near the sandy place.

This time round I have applied and they want 75 AV cpl's (35 tranche 1) but my q's for this 2nd line post are now recognised unlike last time. I have a job lined up and am in the mindset to go so unless the promotion board gives me something to think about I'll most likely PVR.

To echo what many have said about techie's, the three guys who I know that got made redundant in tranche 1 have all found jobs pretty quickly.

kawoloki

Sergeant
I remain to be convinced of this massive spike in PVRs coming post tranche 2. Sure some will but I don't think it will be the surge that many here think. The thought of leaving a relatively cushy wage earning job is quite a big step.....

Attended the manning roadshow at a secret ISTAR hub 3 weeks ago and the Wing C there said they were expecting a huge glut of PVR's on the 12th. As you say remains to be seen if it does happen though...

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Until the powers that be give techies the level of pay they should be getting, it is far too easy to achieve or surpass what is offered in the RAF.

When I joined up it wasn't about the money but as quality of life, allowances, pensions, mess food quality (PAYD) etc erodes, it becomes more important and to cap that off with pay freezes and pay rise caps, the exit button becomes easier to press every day.

I personally believe there is a significant number of personnel that have already made up their mind to leave and are waiting to see if they get a big bunce to help them on their way and if not, they'll leave anyway.

I don't think it will be a mass exodus and I also think the field sizes for tranche 2 will have already taken the anticipated rush of PVRs into account.

Good luck whatever happens.

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
I'm not eligible but there's one particular eejit I know who has applied and I can't wait to see the back of. He's not X-500 and has crap assessments so fingers crossed........

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
I'm not eligible but there's one particular eejit I know who has applied and I can't wait to see the back of. He's not X-500 and has crap assessments so fingers crossed........

That's him safe then. From past experience of redundancies they're bound to keep him and get rid of your best guy!

eejit

LAC
I'm not eligible but there's one particular eejit I know who has applied and I can't wait to see the back of. He has crap assessments so fingers crossed........

Off Topic Best I keep me head down and stick to just lurking:PDT_Xtremez_14:.Off Topic

I'm a bit worried, an A Tech M 5 year Cpl with 8 years left. I was selected for Rivet Joint back in Feb were I start my 51 weeks in USA on my Q. My current management and 51 Sqn both said I will be okay but I have seen the RAF make some stupid decisions in the past. Fingers crossed for those who wants it and those who don't!

PTR Hoar

Sergeant
I don't care either way tbh. As long as I don't have to remain at my current post too much longer. I almost want to get it so I can "stick it to the man".

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts

Out of the five or six I know that have applied in my Place of Work, three have definite plans (some even have job offers on hold). I'm confident that they WILL PVR if they don't get it. The two or three without plans are seeing it as an opportunity to get a large wedge of money so will probably stay if they don't get it.

I'm a bit worried, an A Tech M 5 year Cpl with 8 years left. I was selected for Rivet Joint back in Feb were I start my 51 weeks in USA on my Q. My current management and 51 Sqn both said I will be okay but I have seen the RAF make some stupid decisions in the past. Fingers crossed for those who wants it and those who don't!

I seem to remember the DIN saying that anyone selected for RJ training would be exempt from redundancy, so you should be OK.

HTB

Last edited:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Don't be scared of civi street, unless you're a ****** you'll be okay.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It's getting a little twitchy in the office, we have 4 guys that fit the bill 2 have applied the other 2 have not. Of the applicants 1 is quite laid back about his chances, keeping his cards close to his chest about his options either way. The other is bouncing around like Skippy on acid, banging CV's out left right and centre, booking job interviews for the 14th, working out what jobs he won't be doing at work etc. I just hope the 12th brings each of the 4 what he wants, because if Santa mixes the presents up we will have some very unhappy campers.

Last edited:

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
I'd be very surprised if Santa got it right but there's always a first time. I wouldn't bet on any of the 4 getting what they want.

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I've heard from a friend at a secret swampy airbase that they've been given 'Appointments' when they will be told the good (or bad) news. I don't know if this is the whole camp or just his section.

The last set of redundancies at our place, the FS just appeared next to you and asked you to come for a chat. If he said you were going for a chat with the Sqn Ldr, you were one of those who'd applied and you were told yes or no. However, if you hadn't applied and the FS asked for you to come for a chat with the Wing Co. you knew exactly what was coming before you'd even blinked... that came as a bit of a shock to some people! :raf:

I hope they do it with a little more thought this time around... :PDT_Xtremez_42:

HTB

Max

Sergeant
Didn't want it but not so sure anymore, 5 of us in the frame from a section of 20 ish so woul dbe entertaining in a way if we all got it but again there would be a few unhappy people.

TBH it's almost like waiting for Christmas and I am getting a bit excited.

Back