• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allowance review inbound...

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Cycle to work is a tax free scheme, I'm surprised you didn't know about this, and with the removal of htd to people in work provided housing I'm surprised someone doesn't put in a gem for this.

Is that the one where the employer provides the employee with a bike?

If so, you are missing the point - our employer doesnt want to provide us with any mode of getting in to work at some remote location from our house in some remote location not served by public transport.

Spurdog

Corporal
You should all stop moaning. Under our glorious revolution the price of fuel/insurance/vehicle maintenance has not risen at all. You all get paid far too much so your pay is going to be frozen until further notice. Should you need food (in the course of your duty to the nation) you should proceed to the nearest government feeding centre and stop wasting everybody’s time by trying to submit a claim. Luckily the production of boot laces has risen this month, the war is going well and everybody’s rations of victory gin have been increased. Long live the revolution!!

PS Do any women really know the offside law?? Off Topic :PDT_Xtremez_30:

unruly1986

Sergeant
Cycle to work is a tax free scheme, I'm surprised you didn't know about this, and with the removal of htd to people in work provided housing I'm surprised someone doesn't put in a gem for this.

The RAF cycling club and many other people have been pushing this for years. They aren't interested.

Ex-Splitter and Proud

Flight Sergeant
You should all stop moaning. Under our glorious revolution the price of fuel/insurance/vehicle maintenance has not risen at all. You all get paid far too much so your pay is going to be frozen until further notice. Should you need food (in the course of your duty to the nation) you should proceed to the nearest government feeding centre and stop wasting everybody’s time by trying to submit a claim. Luckily the production of boot laces has risen this month, the war is going well and everybody’s rations of victory gin have been increased. Long live the revolution!!

PS Do any women really know the offside law?? Off Topic :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Spurdog

You sounded quite reasonable.... right up to the last bit!

:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Get real, hey?
:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Mind you, there might be a job for you on Sky Sports!!:PDT_Xtremez_35:

3OCLOCKFINISH

Corporal
The RAF cycling club and many other people have been pushing this for years. They aren't interested.

AFAIK it's all to do with the taxman.

As we can claim HTD and it being tax free the cycle to work scheme would complicate things as how much you pay back and the employer contribution is all linked to how much tax you pay..

Or something.

Jesus, understanding my pay statement every month is complicated enough without trying to figure that one out!

burglar

SAC
muttywhitedog;475540 I can see Unit's [B said:
having [/B]to provide MT for all personnel within a 9 mile radius, including the use of Sqn vehicles and duty drivers for people at the likes of Marham & Lossie who work a good 2-3 miles round the airfield in the HAS sites. As of 1 May, it is no longer acceptable to consider it the individual's problem to get to work from a place he/she has no choice, whilst another individual lives within the magical mile.

On both my tours at Marham I worked on the HAS sites and there was MT buses from the airmans mess doing a round robin to the sites for all ranks and covered both day and night shifts. I guess from the above that doesn't happen anymore!

Back