• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATM Cpl to Sgt promotion moving fast....

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Yeah I know it was 125 well before xmas but wondered if it had pushed up any further, I have a friend who is sweating it out around 150.

I know they were at 125 before Christmas.
Heard that they were going to be promoting another load at the start of the year.
Anyone else heard this?

I know they were at 125 before Christmas.
Heard that they were going to be promoting another load at the start of the year.
Anyone else heard this?

Not heard that one at all. Would love to know where these rumours come from. Although would be nice if the manning website got updated more frequently, would probably mean less phone calls to them so they can manage careers.

Weeduggy

LAC
There will be another space available as of now. If anyone gets posted to a maintenance facility in Lincolnshire good luck. I was and it made me realise the RAF is not what it used to be and I don't want to be part of it anymore. PVR'd last week. Finished this week. I remember getting up in the morning a few years ago looking forward to going to work. Now it just fills me with dread. Time to go.

Good luck to everyone who stays in. I hope you get what you want.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Well the last of my cpl's was 175 and he gets his third in May, staying where he is. retention problem? what problem.......

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
How big was the field? Saying "I'm the 175th best Cpl this year" doesnt sount that great TBH.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Well the last of my cpl's was 175 and he gets his third in May, staying where he is. retention problem? what problem.......

I've had 3 turn up here, with their 3rd, staying at the same unit, they've all turned it down or handed it back that might be indicative of some sort of retention problem.

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Christ,

looking at some of those numbers, even I might have been in with a chance if I hadn't been shanked by the Redundancy Board! :PDT_Xtremez_30:

HTB

How big was the field? Saying "I'm the 175th best Cpl this year" doesnt sount that great TBH.

It makes no difference if you were 1st or 1000th, you'll still hold the same rank, I was promoted to Cpl on the very last day before the new board was ratified and was promoted to Sgt on the first day of that board being ratified.

Back