• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATM Cpl to Sgt promotion moving fast....

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Problem is, it seems to me, that if you get promoted as No 1 or No 60, you still get promoted to the same rank and then start all over again.

59 places of wasted effort for No 1 by the sounds of it.

Weeduggy

LAC
Problem is, it seems to me, that if you get promoted as No 1 or No 60, you still get promoted to the same rank and then start all over again.

59 places of wasted effort for No 1 by the sounds of it.

Unless they only promote 1. Which happens in other trades!!!

Max

Sergeant
Unless they only promote 1. Which happens in other trades!!!

Yes but those are generally trades with a lot less manpower and no PVR issues as they are overpaid inside the RAF and don't want to leave.

It depends whether you want to increase your chances but we all know it's not necessarily how hard you work or how good you are at your job that gets you promotion.

JTforever

Corporal
Anyone heard of any more movement on the list? Any advancement beyond70 yet?

(I've no Apollo access as I'm on holiday so if anyone has any gen it'd be nice to hear it.)

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Yes but those are generally trades with a lot less manpower and no PVR issues as they are overpaid inside the RAF and don't want to leave.

It depends whether you want to increase your chances but we all know it's not necessarily how hard you work or how good you are at your job that gets you promotion.

No, it's how capable you'll be at the next rank up. Judged on your performance over three years written in around 6000 characters in total.

Anyone heard of any more movement on the list? Any advancement beyond70 yet?

(I've no Apollo access as I'm on holiday so if anyone has any gen it'd be nice to hear it.)

I'm having my DAO look into this for me. He came back that as of 28th Sept there have been 71 promoted. His contact is on IMLC at present and she will contact manning when she returns. The DAO said that they should go over the 90 due to how quickly they have promoted the first lot - two and half months since the board sat. He is confident they will go beyond 96 which is where I am sat. Believe it when I get an offer.

My mate got picked up on the Cpl board and he was late 160 odd.

Any other news I will let you know. In the mean time why not get your management to contact manning? What is your board position?

Fingers crossed!

JTforever

Corporal
Love to know if this figure is true. If it is we are not even halfway yet, so may be hope as I am in the 130's.

It is true, it's at 125 I am told. Your unit careers advisor can update you, or any SNCO can of course contact Manning on your behalf.

With a good six months+ left to run on this board you should be picked up if you are in the 130's.

It is true, it's at 125 I am told. Your unit careers advisor can update you, or any SNCO can of course contact Manning on your behalf.

With a good six months+ left to run on this board you should be picked up if you are in the 130's.

I will believe this figure when I get my offer which I have yet to receive and I am 96.

I believe the latest releases (from 71) were only within the last week. Give it a few more weeks and you'll get your offer.

Or give them a call and see what they are planning for you......

I'm on my Rivet Joint Q course out in the States so I will be staying on 51 Sqn. I have my Chiefy mate who will talk to manning on my behalf. I just hope to get it this year.

Thanks for the updates though - what I am relying on.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I can't see this slowing down anytime soon, our Trade seems to be hemorrhaging SNCO's through notice and PVR at the moment.

Back