• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATM Cpl to Sgt promotion moving fast....

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Indeed, I was recently 1 SNCO out of around 20 on the Herc Sqn that PVR'd or was time ex and never signed on. As more and more hand their notice in more and more are feeling that its time to go as it really is a sinking ship.

I have no plans to stay further than 22 years. I have done 14 years so far, so there is a chance to go a bit further. I am lucky to have finally got posted to Waddington, only a few miles from home. It make it more bearable but the bull**** is getting too much and that coupled with the Royal fisting with the pensions!

I was number 86 and am promoted effective 7th Jan. I know a colleague of mine is number 120ish and he gets his third on the same day as me. My UCA has said that someone else I know who is in the 140s shouldn't be surprised to get it. Not bad considering the prediction was only 90.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
its currently on 125, unlike the SAC-Cpl which is hitting 225!!! and they say we dont have a retension problem.....

I'm low 140's so fingers crossed. Might jinx it and change my posting preferences .
Not that they take that into account.:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Having popped into work to do some stuff whilst on Terminal Leave, I found a few of my mates have been given notification of impending promotion.

It makes me wonder where I would have been on the board this year if I hadn't been made redundant. :PDT_Xtremez_21:

However, hearing where some of them have been posted, I'm glad I'm not getting promotion! :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Best of luck to all of you...!

HTB

Ex-Splitter and Proud

Flight Sergeant
Having popped into work to do some stuff whilst on Terminal Leave, I found a few of my mates have been given notification of impending promotion.

It makes me wonder where I would have been on the board this year if I hadn't been made redundant. :PDT_Xtremez_21:

However, hearing where some of them have been posted, I'm glad I'm not getting promotion! :PDT_Xtremez_30:

HTB

You ARE getting promotion though.... to "Mister"!! :PDT_Xtremez_30:
Best wishes with that!

JTforever

Corporal

HTB

Indeed. The title 'Career Manager' really does make me laugh. I asked for anywhere in Scotland, Marham or Choppers and got neither. Gutted.

Last edited:
HTB, you wanna be glad you got a way out when you did because I reckon that you would be pretty busy if you had stayed. I think there might be a certain couple of three stripers who will be wishing they were redundant right now! It's EH I feel sorry for!

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
HTB, you wanna be glad you got a way out when you did because I reckon that you would be pretty busy if you had stayed. I think there might be a certain couple of three stripers who will be wishing they were redundant right now! It's EH I feel sorry for!

Yeah, feel sorry for EH (just don't tell him I said that!).

I guess that you're staying where you are...?

HTB

Yes mate, stuck on the three engined lumbering relics. The drafters did me a massive favour when I asked them about a posting I wanted. They told me there was no chance of a new promotee getting it as there was already a waiting list. Offered me a less than ideal posting so I was advised to change my preference to reflect where I already am. Got my "first choice" for their stats, then found out that someone else from a certain training establishment got the posting I wanted even though he was 20 people further down the promotion board than me.

Can't complain though! At least I got the promotion and the chance to do an extra 8 years! Yipee!

Yes mate, stuck on the three engined lumbering relics. The drafters did me a massive favour when I asked them about a posting I wanted. They told me there was no chance of a new promotee getting it as there was already a waiting list. Offered me a less than ideal posting so I was advised to change my preference to reflect where I already am. Got my "first choice" for their stats, then found out that someone else from a certain training establishment got the posting I wanted even though he was 20 people further down the promotion board than me.

Can't complain though! At least I got the promotion and the chance to do an extra 8 years! Yipee!

Not sure I'm signing onto LOS 30, I still have 8 years left to 22 and that is more than enough! Lol!

Absolutely, I don't intend doing a day passed my 22. That's enough of a sentence for anyone but you never know what's around the corner. I'd rather accept it now and know I'm safe if I need it, but it's nothing a PVR won't put an end to!

Absolutely, I don't intend doing a day passed my 22. That's enough of a sentence for anyone but you never know what's around the corner. I'd rather accept it now and know I'm safe if I need it, but it's nothing a PVR won't put an end to!

Totally agree, circumstances change etc. I'd rather leave when I want rather then when they say.

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts

Congrats on getting what you applied for! :PDT_Xtremez_31: At least you don't have to move house!

I'd have liked the extra 5 years... but hey ho, onwards and upwards... about 80m upwards! :PDT_Xtremez_19:

HTB

Back