• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATM Promotion

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
SAC/JT to Cpl judging by the info on the Manning Website.

Don't panic S2 - plenty more getting promoted higher up the rank structure so you'll be ok! :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Forestfan

SAC
41 total for TG1 apparently. It'll pick up inevitably next year as SAC(T)'s are starting to come out of Cosford now and are filling holes. Just keep plugging away dudes.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Well he is contradicting his own info page, no change there then! sounds a bit like " no you are no where near the top of the DWR list " then wham DWR lands on your desk!

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
The pre-board quota has historically been miles out and with 76ish Sgt - CT required, providing Cosford can turf out nice new SAC T types, promotion should pick up from the predicted 41.

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
The future looks bleak then , I know plenty knocking on the door but getting fed up with not climbing the ladder. That in turn must mean the amount from Cpl to SNCO and above are low numbers too.

WTF is going on, the only thing that keeps guys happy is a steady flow of promotions , now they are taking that away , its making the rot happen even quicker yet they not bothered I guess as the Credit Crunch will keep people in while its still **** in real world

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Continuance is also greatly effecting TG1 promotion, expect a another promotion gold rush when the 2/3 year continuance is up. (unless they extend people again!)

duffman

Flight Sergeant
slightly Off Topic has anyone seen the president's report? i've not had chance yet, I don't know how true it is but, i've heard that quality of the SJARs weren't of a very good standard and the president didn't think too highly of the ROs.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
They commented on the secondary duties being focused on too much and they were also very disappointed with the high number of no show SJARS.

If your SJAR is late, you should start banging desks, its your career at stake!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
providing Cosford can turf out nice new SAC T types, promotion should pick up from the predicted 41.

The training machine is being revved up right now to increase the throughput of SAC (T). The numbers climb big style in the very near future.

duffman

Flight Sergeant
They commented on the secondary duties being focused on too much

Good, I know this debate could go forever but, less emphasises on secondary duties is a good thing, I don't think they should go totally, but more emphasises on your primary duty is a good thing as this is what the RAF pay you for.

tubbyj

LAC
promotion prospects are good

promotion prospects are good

If you hang on for a couple of years, promotion prospects for sacs is going to be vey good. This months cheif clerks bulletin shows we are 600 TG1 sncos short. So if they promote 600 cpls they must promote 600 sacs. Problem at the moment is they havent got 600 sacs. When the AMMs start to come through to fill the gaps at junior level they can then push through massive wave of promotions so a little bit of patience and you should be alright.

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
Im screwed either way, got a real useless snco doing my sjar this year. they are going out of area very soon cant see them getting of their arse to do it out there either, let alone here. When are the SAC SJARS due anyone know

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Well who's the dumb ass that does not know when his own assessment is? get some time in Swanton and stop bleating. No wonder your SNCO thinks so highly of you.

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
Well who's the dumb ass that does not know when his own assessment is? get some time in Swanton and stop bleating. No wonder your SNCO thinks so highly of you.

Well theres a real intelligent answer from someone who by his reply is supposed to be a grown up. Real mature. My SNCO has only been on the sqn about 6 months and has barely been there. So as well as being useless they hardly know me. I know the assesment are due around now to march time. Some peoples 1st RO's have had theirs through on JPA mine has not. Why is this. Is this jpa being being slow can any shiney in the Know give me a sensible answer

chumpzilla

Sergeant
If you haven't seen your SNCO, maybe you should get input from people who HAVE seen you? Just a thought, that's what my Snec did when he got newly posted in and hadn't seen anyone before. Just an idea....!:raf:

Back