• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cpl-Sgt AV Board

worthers

LAC
has anyone had the good news yet? thought i'd start the thread as the other trades seem to have started one. Good luck for all that are knocking on the door.

Chad Norman

Corporal
Good luck to everyone who thinks they're in with a shout :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Wierd things these promotion boards!

Hope the F3 drawdown doesn't muck things up too much.

Be lucky

Chad

K

k9 fornicators apprentice

phoned the desk on friday. before i start bleating i would like to congratulate anybody who was picked up.......well done.

can anybody give me a definitive answer how this list works?
how is it that somebody with 4 years seniority be placed above others with more, i did take in to account spec recs etc, etc, but unless somebody has recieved 2 specs on the bounce, then 4 years is not enough to make the list, is it??

good news for all the people in the real world,(bad news for me), nobody at tossford, whatever seniority, have been picked up

K

k9 fornicators apprentice

AV Cpl /Sgt promotion board

AV Cpl /Sgt promotion board

has anybody at tossford been picked up???
sorry let me re-phrase.........has anybody with more than 4 years seniority made the top 1 hundred??

Webbo

Sergeant
has anyone had the good news yet? thought i'd start the thread as the other trades seem to have started one. Good luck for all that are knocking on the door.

Got call yesterday from my W.O. I am in the top 75 and APPARENTLY they want 120, so fingers crossed.:PDT_Xtremez_30::PDT_Xtremez_30:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
"Apparently" the board is that fcuked up that I've been picked up.....think I'll tell them to ram it :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Crack on......................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

P.S. Good luck to all who are waiting/expecting it.......

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
phoned the desk on friday. before i start bleating i would like to congratulate anybody who was picked up.......well done.

how is it that somebody with 4 years seniority be placed above others with more, i did take in to account spec recs etc, etc, but unless somebody has recieved 2 specs on the bounce, then 4 years is not enough to make the list, is it??

good news for all the people in the real world,(bad news for me), nobody at tossford, whatever seniority, have been picked up

All you need is 4 reports for Cpl to Sgt. They don't need to be Specs / Exp to get you promoted, it's the quality of he writing. Besides if I remember rightly, 3 Highs at whatever rank will stand you in good stead - maybe a shiney can help more.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
All you need is 4 reports for Cpl to Sgt. They don't need to be Specs / Exp to get you promoted, it's the quality of he writing. Besides if I remember rightly, 3 Highs at whatever rank will stand you in good stead - maybe a shiney can help more.

I thought I had heard somewhere they had removed these time bars for promotion (for legal reasons), if you are deemed good enough after 2, 3 or 8 years you could be picked up. On the other hand it might be a load of tosh.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts

That's what the Chief Clerk told me when I was at my requested careers brief. Though with 5 high recs on the bounce (A- Overall last 2 years) and a write-up in each one that will have you belive that I **** gold eggs I wouldn't be so sure.

Oh yeah, that's right, being a JT and not a wearer of the 'Cats ********' badge probably has something to do with it.

SUD5Y

LAC
I may have fluked it

I may have fluked it

Hi i am at tossford and made it inot the top 100, 88 i believe and they are supposed to be looking for 95 ish.

That figure is correct at time of printing and will obviously change the closer to 88 we get, probably to around 87 !!!

Oh yeah and i have 7 years seniority.

B

Bucc Boy

I heard priority will be given to any Ex DF’s…………….just so that the quality of Avionic SNCO is raised from the usual.

I would be interested to hear any good promotion news from 216 please chad.

But seriously, good luck to all who deserve it and good luck to all the subordinates of those who don’t!

SUD5Y

LAC
10 have been released for promotion straight away with the rest spread across the year, I got told to ring back in November, even though I can't from the end of this month cos I'm not a SNCO lol !!!

A

auchtermuchty

Well they're giving me another chevron at least for a while and you know you want me in your office!!:PDT_Xtremez_14:

tubbyj

LAC
i know of 2 DFs from leuchars who have been picked up, one got lossie the other got lyneham. i am only pleased because i wrote their assessments.

well done lads

B

Bucc Boy

i know of 2 DFs from leuchars who have been picked up, one got lossie the other got lyneham. i am only pleased because i wrote their assessments.

well done lads

I know of another Leuchars DF, he is off to Culdrose. Congratulations him!!

PH II

LAC
Lottery

Lottery

The process is a lottery that makes no sense.

Quote from AOC on a recent ‘get together’ post AFI. “With every system there has to be winners and loosers. Unfortunatly you are one of the loosers.”
Just what you wanna hear.

Webbo

Sergeant
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but heard a RUMOUR today that the board has been cut from 120 to 80.................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Has anyone else heard anything?

Also heard 2 from Conz turned it down (both in the top 25)

Any other gen on this board would be appreciated.

Back