• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fcuking Assimilation . . . I'm still TG3

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Masked Geek

It's a shame that I'm exempt from it all, it could be fun. :PDT_Xtremez_17:

T

The Masked Geek

Glad I got my Q-CIS-Tech this year then. :PDT_Xtremez_14:

A

AlwaysTG3

I'm there in a couple of weeks for mine, not looking forward to it.

From the sounds of it, you still get treated like kids. Do they make you sit an exam? Is it worth me taking a laptop so I can finish off the 6000s I need to do? That would be more productive than listening to them regurgitate stuff I dont need to hear.

L

League Any Time

I'm there in a couple of weeks for mine, not looking forward to it.

From the sounds of it, you still get treated like kids. Do they make you sit an exam? Is it worth me taking a laptop so I can finish off the 6000s I need to do? That would be more productive than listening to them regurgitate stuff I dont need to hear.

depends you may do a data comms exam to prove to the Instructors that you've forgotten more than they will ever know

probably hear I don't know they make me teach this (heard from most parts of flowerpot)

R

razor501

TG3.... Morons - both one and the same!

TG3.... Morons - both one and the same!

I have been reading e-goat for a while and have found the majority of the postings to be witty, interesting or just letting off steam in general. Then I found the TG 3 bit. What a bunch of whingeing, whining morons you all are. I can appreciate the fact that you, as a collective, should be known as a thicket and that you actually believe the cr@p you all spout but I would have thought that if you hated the thought of AT that much, you would vote with your feet and refuse - or would that mean showing some of that spine that you are castigating your sponsor for not having? The reality is that you have two choices, you can refuse to do AT and take the consequences or you can elect to do AT and become part of the future - whatever that holds! it's your choice but for God's sake make it and quit the whingeing!

I have, this evening sat and read the thread showing concern and support for an E-Goat poster who in the last week or so has been to hell and back over her young sister who has been hospitalised with a serious brain tumour, this supporting RAF is the one that I remember and puts all of you who are whingeing here to shame!

Just for the record, I know the instructor of whom "Hobbes the Gobbes" writes and I know for a fact that some of the retards on that course were definately talking through their rectums! The phrase "We don't do that" was muttered regularly and was at times blatently incorrect because if "you didn't do that" the intranet would not work!::P:

gray

Sergeant
Just for the record, I know the instructor of whom "Hobbes the Gobbes" writes and I know for a fact that some of the retards on that course were definately talking through their rectums! The phrase "We don't do that" was muttered regularly and was at times blatently incorrect because if "you didn't do that" the intranet would not work!::P:

Nice troll/wind up attempt for your 1st post.
::P:
Gray

Meathead

LAC
Im with the Techs on this one, and im ex TG11 (I know think of myself as a Cashew, kind of expensive peanut!). To my way of thinking, if I was cut out to be a 'tech' then surely I would have scored high enough at the CIO when i joined up.....

As for the AT course (the peanut version), at least yours is only 2/3 weeks, I had to endure 10 weeks of fat/weird ex chiefs mumbling along, and I cant say that anything I have learnt will be of benefit, general overviews all the way through.

To be fair, I had a bloody good time on the lash, if you can block out the rubbish that goes with being in flowerpot hall...enjoy it, get on the apples with a load of people that you wont have seen in years

Just to top it off, spent most of the Xmas money the missus had put away, down at the Crown. Missus not happy. Thankyou for incidental expenses..get in there JPA!

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
I have been reading e-goat for a while and have found the majority of the postings to be witty, interesting or just letting off steam in general. Then I found the TG 3 bit. What a bunch of whingeing, whining morons you all are. I can appreciate the fact that you, as a collective, should be known as a thicket and that you actually believe the cr@p you all spout but I would have thought that if you hated the thought of AT that much, you would vote with your feet and refuse - or would that mean showing some of that spine that you are castigating your sponsor for not having? The reality is that you have two choices, you can refuse to do AT and take the consequences or you can elect to do AT and become part of the future - whatever that holds! it's your choice but for God's sake make it and quit the whingeing!

I have, this evening sat and read the thread showing concern and support for an E-Goat poster who in the last week or so has been to hell and back over her young sister who has been hospitalised with a serious brain tumour, this supporting RAF is the one that I remember and puts all of you who are whingeing here to shame!

As has been said, for a first post, nice attempt at trolling.

As you are a new user, I suggest you read the forum rules again before posting.

This is a TG3 trade specific forum and is to be treated as such.

Keep the flame posts for fight club.

R

razor501

Thank you for the response. I read the rules and the main thing that strikes me is about hateful mail.... Also I notice that there are other postings from non tg3 people but are allowed, could this be because they agree with the bitter and twisted postings that I have read maybe? I have read through the thread again and believe that I have treated this forum in the same way as TG3 have, just in the other direction!:PDT_Xtremez_06:

Studley dangerfcuk

Flight Sergeant
Tg3/tg11/tg4

Tg3/tg11/tg4

My, My what an unhappy forum. Bitch, bitch, bitch. It has been decided by people with a much higher payband than you or I that TG4 is the way forward. I am ex-TG3 and work closely with ex-TG11 and our civvy brothers and I have found that if you treat people with respect and just get on with the job at hand, things get done. Lets face it your in the RAF and you get paid a good wage for doing very little. I personally dont want to get a job in civvy street, Whatever life or the RAF throws at me I deal with it and so do my work fellows.
Stop bleating and get on with it. Here endeth the lesson.

Studley :PDT_Xtremez_28:

T

The Masked Geek

Come on then razor, what's your argument? Or don't you have one?

Maybe you think AT is a good idea? Lets have your thoughs then, rather than a flaming rant.

Maybe a bit of background info on who you are? Or are you one of the fcukwits that designed the so-called course?

It would also appear that you have gotten your Studley friend to attempt a flame too, not strong enough to do it yourself?

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Razor/Studley, as MC said this is a trade specific forum where members of that trade are free to express their feelings on trade related matters. If you don't like it, don't read it, it's much the same advice you gave - "you would vote with your feet and leave" do us all a favour and troll somewhere more appropriate like fight club.

R

razor501

Response to TMG and Rugby then work

Response to TMG and Rugby then work

Firstly, as a new "poster" to forums I hope you will forgive my ignorance regarding specific terms such as "flame" and "troll", I can only presume that they are not necessarily complimentary terms. That aside, firstly to respond to TMG:

I don't actually have an argument as such, merely observations. I don't have to sit AT from either the TG3 or 11 side so I have no comment from that perspective. My observations are based purely on the comments recorded here. Regardless of whether or not you believe that AT is the way to go, the "powers that be" have decreed that both TG3 and TG11 have to do AT and the last time I served (which was not THAT long ago), orders were orders and could only be ignored if they were deemed illegal. Therefore AT will be attended. The more worrying underlying current is the basic lack of understanding of what you are being assimilated for. The comments from both those ex-tg3 and ex-tg11 infer that AT is to turn TG3 into muppets and TG11 into tekkies. This is not the case, TG11 personnel will never be assimilated into CIS Tech. As far as the TG3 side of things is concerned, I can state quite confidently from personal investigation that there are far more TG3 personnel who are IT illiterate than those that are IT literate. Therefore there is a need to bring everybody up to a minimum standard.

As for the design of the course..... the "fcukwits" who are responsible are actually.... yes you guessed it, TG3!!!!!

Now Rugby then work:

With regards to the trade specific forum, I refer you to my earlier response that other non TG3 personnel have posted here, the only difference is that they agree with you "anti every other trade" rhetoric. Also even your moderator "MC" is by his (or her) own admission not TG3 as they have completed AT and is therefore now TG4!!! Oh and Studley (whom I do not actually know) is, if you read, ex-TG 3! If this is the standard of your arguments then, by your own admission, you don't have many boundaries do you?:PDT_Xtremez_19:

T

The Masked Geek

A flame, Razor, is an inflammitory post. Something posted that was little or no value but is intended to wind people up. i.e. :-

Rozor501 said:
What a bunch of whingeing, whining morons you all are.

As you say yourself, you have no argument so why bother posting in the first place. We all know that we will have to do AT or leave and we know there is probably some merit in the course.

Something we also know is that TG3 personnel are being put into TG11 posts and I also have it on good authority that the Army and Navy tried a similar thing to TG4; both failed and reverted back to techs and ops.

As for wingeing and wining, that is our right and we'll continue to do so with or without your blessing. My personal winge is at the downskilling of my once great trade, the oncomming DII(F) which - as in the case of the Uniter outsourcing - will end up costing more in the long run and leave us with a system less capable than the one we have now and the fact that I could see myself sitting in the back room of a commcen looking after little bits of paper for my next job; if that happens I will walk.

I'm a technician first and foremost and all we in TG3 want to do is hold onto a little bit of the glory days when we were the workers of magic.

As for the rants against our innefectual trade sponsor, two chief techs were sat talking to him in the mess a while ago and he couldn't answer a single question about TG4 and in their words "seemed to have his head buried in the sand"; hardly the kind of man we needed fighting our corner was he? Yes he was late to the party but he could have done more. TG3 posts at my last camp were reduced by 10 and TG11 posts increased by a similar number one of which was mine and as I was responsible for the running of the network servers - including fixing any h/ware or s/ware faults - advising STC on security policy, software engineering and various other "techie" type things, I can't see a non-tech filling the post effectively.

The job evaluation guys that came round ignored 75% of what my job entailed and tailored their report to shed a TG11 slant on it and before you ask, yes I did see it and yes I was the one whom they asked the questions of.

So yes we may appear to be having a rant but we are merely venting our spleens and that is, in part, what this forum is for. What we don't need is "holier than thou" members making the situation worse by doing nothing more than flaming and that would be considered trolling.

Have a nice day. :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Last edited:

mad_collie

Also even your moderator "MC" is by his (or her) own admission not TG3 as they have completed AT and is therefore now TG4!!! Oh and Studley (whom I do not actually know) is, if you read, ex-TG 3! If this is the standard of your arguments then, by your own admission, you don't have many boundaries do you?:PDT_Xtremez_19:

It looks like Tossford have sent a couple of trolls. ******

Dont feed them too much, it only encourages them.

Once TG3, always TG3.

R

razor501

TMG

Thank you for your response. Contrary to what you may believe, I actually agree with a lot of what you say regarding the "downskilling". I have also advocated at the school for a long time now that tekkies are being "forced" down a route that they do not wish to go. All most tekkies I have spoken to want to do is "tekkify" things. As for the comments regarding personalities, I cannot, no will not comment as I think it is unfair to make these things personal, but that is my opinion and, as you point out, it is your right to vent you spleen.

My "whinge" in all of this is that everybody seems to be pointing the blame at the TG11 personnel. If the shoe was on the other foot would you turn down the extra money and say "I don't do a tekky job so I won't take the money"? Why the hostility against those who are only doing what anyone would do. Surely the anger should be directed at the management alone as the management are the ones who decide these things.

As for those personnel whose bodies are writing cheques their intelect cannot cash (regardless of which trade they are), they will be found out.

At the risk of sounding condescending (and just for the record it is not meant to!) thank you for the full and detailed response.

MC

Nice icon, I wish my hand did have to move that far!!!!!

mad_collie

My "whinge" in all of this is that everybody seems to be pointing the blame at the TG11 personnel. If the shoe was on the other foot would you turn down the extra money and say "I don't do a tekky job so I won't take the money"? Why the hostility against those who are only doing what anyone would do. Surely the anger should be directed at the management alone as the management are the ones who decide these things.

As for those personnel whose bodies are writing cheques their intelect cannot cash (regardless of which trade they are), they will be found out.

MC

Nice icon, I wish my hand did have to move that far!!!!!

I dont think that the comment about blaming the TG11 personnel as a whole is entirely fair - we all know that they have been fortunate with the restructure of the TG and they have dipped in.

The main complaints are against the TS for the way he has handled things.

There are a few TG11 muppets who are gobbing off about being techs etc - but you comment above reflects what will happen.

Thanks for a more balanced post. (No icon this time)

Soulboy

LAC
Tg3 To Tg4 Snco At

Tg3 To Tg4 Snco At

I had to do assim a few weeks ago and it was an insult.

Completed my assim month or so ago I thought like yourself that the time I would be spending at tossford could be better spent at work clearing my In-tray, but I did what was required to have chance of extending my current engagement.

Like yourself I also had an ex TG11 Cpl, civvie instructor found him to be very sympathetic to what was being done to our trade. He did his best to inform us of what the TG3/TG11 SAC/JT/CPL AT trainees were being taught. As a Snec who has had very limited exposure to IT Systems, found the course to be very beneficial, so I found the comments you have expressed to slightly harsh on not only the Instructor but the course too, as I personally did actually learn something......:raf:

mad_collie

As a Snec who has had very limited exposure to IT Systems, found the course to be very beneficial, so I found the comments you have expressed to slightly harsh on not only the Instructor but the course too, as I personally did actually learn something......:raf:

Which is why there is the argument about TG3 SNCO exemptions. A large number of people don't require AT, as they have been 'dual hatting' for years, before the TG4 fiasco came about. SACs, JTs & Cpls can get exemptions, but a SNCO cannot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back