• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Many JTs Are Actualy Left?

C

Crapear

Hit the nail on the head

Hit the nail on the head

I agree with the fact that assesment creep is the influencing factor. Every persons 6000 goes through the same board at Innsworth, but throughout the wonderful Airforce, does every Snec have the ability/time to write the same standard of assesment? Should the management sit and have a meeting before 6000's are due and rate the candidates and write assesments accordingly? Or should assesments be written for just the person you are and management saying "We can only have 1 Spec Rec this year as we will be over our quota"

Just out of interest, how many trades were we employed to do when we joined and how many do we do now?????

I joined as a rigger.

Now expected to be:
Rigger
Sumpy
Driver
Admin
Guard - 3, 2 week stints every 12 months.

If it was not for actually enjoying my riggering, I would jump now, but also the pension is close !!!!!

PVRisthefuture

Sergeant
Thought I'd bring this back to life.

Are there still any out there? Have the previous posters got their tapes or banged out? :PDT_Xtremez_28:

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
The three remaining JTs on 1(F) Sqn all depart on promotion over the remainder of the year.

It has been proposed that we hold a minute's silence at our upcoming Sqn Dining In Night "In memory of the JT".

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Still have some on the mighty HOCU. One in particular is a top bloke, and will be a sad loss when he leaves the RAF (can't see him signing on tbh).

welshjpc

Corporal
I'm still going! Seeing as though I've been at 4 camps in 6 years (one exchange, one station closure, one squadron disbandment and now rotting in an army hell) I'm not changing my shoulder furniture any time soon..... at least I'm definately one of those sad ar$es who phone the board every other week crying "please give me my tapes" like a fat lad in Cyprus who I know.....

Yeah! Long live the Junior Magician!!!!!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm still going! Seeing as though I've been at 4 camps in 6 years (one exchange, one station closure, one squadron disbandment and now rotting in an army hell) I'm not changing my shoulder furniture any time soon..... at least I'm definately one of those sad ar$es who phone the board every other week crying "please give me my tapes" like a fat lad in Cyprus who I know.....

Yeah! Long live the Junior Magician!!!!!

Scooby????

welshjpc

Corporal
I just don't get the whole phoning the board every five minutes thing, I think people who do that should get bumped down for harrassing the bloke in the desk. Although some would argue it shows initiative and desire. Buggered if I know.

Us J/Ts aren't all bad you know. Although I admit I've had my moments! :PDT_Xtremez_15:

Last edited:
Back