• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lossie AMF

As iam sure some of you know if the air test goes today AMF at ISL will close today. Many of you will of worked there whether Tornado or Bucc AMF, Good section , Awesome beer calls. Another great section lost to the LEAN Machine?!?!?!? Your thougths

W

Wonky Tonka

As iam sure some of you know if the air test goes today AMF at ISL will close today. Many of you will of worked there whether Tornado or Bucc AMF, Good section , Awesome beer calls. Another great section lost to the LEAN Machine?!?!?!? Your thougths

Good times there.

Liked it so much, I even went back there to help out!!

airframe doctor

Corporal

Good times there.

Liked it so much, I even went back there to help out!!

Now that it's closing does that mean all you lot will be off down the A47 to help the guys forced out of 1st line posts a hand in CMU? Oh no I forgot whatever AMF or whatever it's called today, management decided for everyone including other sections what was happening. Am I bitter.......too right.

C

Chuffybum

Now that it's closing does that mean all you lot will be off down the A47 to help the guys forced out of 1st line posts a hand in CMU? Oh no I forgot whatever AMF or whatever it's called today, management decided for everyone including other sections what was happening. Am I bitter.......too right.

My my, you do sound bitter. All personnel posted from Lossie to CMU Marham were longest in location in their rank & trade at Lossie and it wasn't just 1st Line guys but guys from all around the Unit including AMF.
It was NOT an AMF management decision to I quote "decided for everyone including other sections what was happening"...this was a PMA decision.

Whilst I appreciate that you may feel embittered with what happened at Lossie the moves, and personnel involved, were decided by PMA ONLY and the only caveat being longest in location which is the normal way of posting personnel.

I can only assume that you are one of the unlucky ones to be posted to Marham and I di feel for you but surely you can see that moving personnel who were longest in location first was the fairest way of doing it.

airframe doctor

Corporal
My my, you do sound bitter. All personnel posted from Lossie to CMU Marham were longest in location in their rank & trade at Lossie and it wasn't just 1st Line guys but guys from all around the Unit including AMF.
It was NOT an AMF management decision to I quote "decided for everyone including other sections what was happening"...this was a PMA decision.

Whilst I appreciate that you may feel embittered with what happened at Lossie the moves, and personnel involved, were decided by PMA ONLY and the only caveat being longest in location which is the normal way of posting personnel.

I can only assume that you are one of the unlucky ones to be posted to Marham and I di feel for you but surely you can see that moving personnel who were longest in location first was the fairest way of doing it.

Yes your right I do feel bitter as one of the "chosen" initial 79 it does stick in my throat a bit on how the decision was reached. Especially after the email containing the lame excuse of a POP survey which seemed to be completely ignored. After all as has been said many times before if a Sqn was relocating to another unit, it's personnel would be expected to move with it. In the 9yrs I spent at Lossie I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I read or heard of someone wanting to leave AMF & be employed on a Sqn, what was regularly heard was the phrase "I'd rather PVR than work on XV". Maybe I'm wrong but it appears that someone somewhere put up more of a fight than others. Guess we will have to agree to disagree on this on this one CB.

Realist78

Master of my destiny

A formed unit move would have been better for the units that have had their experienced manpower, particularly at Airframe JNCO level, ripped out to go to the experimental folly that is CMU. There are still gaps on XV(R) Sqn and the experience deficit will take some time to recover from.:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Swingwinger

Sergeant

Id check your facts on that one my old bean!! Longest in post my ar$e. Some got away with it!! That is one of the reasons some are so bitter. This is fact, not just a way to stir things up!!

T

the_boy_wizard

Id check your facts on that one my old bean!! Longest in post my ar$e. Some got away with it!! That is one of the reasons some are so bitter. This is fact, not just a way to stir things up!!

Well said Swingy! The idea of "longest in post" sounds like a fair way of doing things, but when you hear that a certain balding individual who spent god alone knows how many years at Lossie getting out of it, you have to wonder. Some say he got away with it 'cos of his immenent third, but we were all told promotion was not taken into account when the decission was made on who was going. In theory you could spend 2 weeks at CMU and then get posted somewhere else on promotion! Sounds like a lot of thought went into this!

airframe doctor

Corporal
Where have they all gone..........

Where have they all gone..........

Not much response from the Sqn dodgers is there? They can't all be out on the line surely, its gone 22:00!!!:PDT_Xtremez_06:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee

Ok...I gotta ask.....how did it go then ?? Did it pass and you shut down as advertised or fail (as normal) and prolong you fetid existance ??

Crack on........:PDT_Xtremez_09:

airframe doctor

Corporal
Ok...I gotta ask.....how did it go then ?? Did it pass and you shut down as advertised or fail (as normal) and prolong you fetid existance ??

Crack on........:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Off Topic Quality TM, cracking question there. Mind you in their defence they probably succeeded due to the fact they have far less people in suits with their individual offices sticking their noses into what they know absolutely nothing about.Off Topic

Last edited:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Quality TM, cracking question there. Mind you in their defence they probably succeeded due to the fact they have far less people in suits with their individual offices sticking their noses into what they know absolutely nothing about.

Indeedy.....you should know me by now........no suit or office here....

CRACK ON........:PDT_Xtremez_09:

21 attendance day left...if i can be ar$ed !!!

airframe doctor

Corporal
Indeedy.....you should know me by now........no suit or office here....

CRACK ON........:PDT_Xtremez_09:

21 attendance day left...if i can be ar$ed !!!

Off Topic Oh Jesus we have finally agreed on something after all this time. We must be getting old TM:PDT_Xtremez_28: :PDT_Xtremez_31: :PDT_Xtremez_31: :PDT_Xtremez_31: Off Topic

W

Wonky Tonka

so we've had the fairy/rigger snag.........this was either a leckie/rigger snag.........any bets on the sooties getting a shout on the third attempt??

Then of course there's always the inevitable SMS snag for the plumbers:PDT_Xtremez_28:

Glad I'm not available next week. Unlucky Timmy!!

C

Chuffybum

Im afraid I disagree. Whilst some personnel who were longest in post didnt get posted it would have been because their files were probably tagged at PMA, for whatever reason, not to be posted ........ could be for personal or medical reasons but I'm afraid I am not priviledged to that info - either are most other guys. The bottom line is that the "longest in location" caveat did prevail.....old bean!

Last edited:

fileeth

Corporal
Hey -as they say its life in a blue suit - you knew there would be a chance you'd have to be posted around various locations when you took ther queens shilling!

Back