• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lossie AMF

Realist78

Master of my destiny
He means "Front line Sqn as opposed to Driving School"

If that's the case he ought to say it. The clairvoyancy cloak's still at the dry cleaners!:PDT_Xtremez_28: Also, how the work is harder at a front line sqn than the 'Driving School' completely eludes me. Unless that is, it employs reverse Polish logic whereby harder means early stacks, less work etc . The only concesion to that is FU OOA's (in that they are frequent whereas an OCU inhabitants OOA's are less so).:PDT_Xtremez_28:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
If that's the case he ought to say it. The clairvoyancy cloak's still at the dry cleaners!:PDT_Xtremez_28: Also, how the work is harder at a front line sqn than the 'Driving School' completely eludes me. Unless that is, it employs reverse Polish logic whereby harder means early stacks, less work etc . The only concesion to that is FU OOA's (in that they are frequent whereas an OCU inhabitants OOA's are less so).:PDT_Xtremez_28:

I can only speak from experience, but we always used to fix the snags on F3 Operational sqns as opposed to Limm'ing evrything. The 56 Sqn approach was why fix RHWR, Chaff & Flare, MMS etc if you don't use it?

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
Well I can speak from the experience of 3 operational bomber Sqns and being ex-XV(R) and relatively speaking there were more early stacks on the Sqns than the so called 'driving school'. (That was of course before the jets were reduced.)
It stands to reason when XV(R) had twice as many jets that there were more work and therefore more manpower needed, its funking simple maths and anyone who cant see that is a f**kwit.

Oh and btw I had a pal on 617 who used to use me as a threat to folk complaining about being hard done by. The threat was, if you think you have it bad I will send you across to Do* Do****ly over on 15 I am sure he could use the help, funnily enuf no-one complained for long after that...................

This thread does appear to have gone WELLOff Topic !!

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
And WTF is an 'operational' F3 Sqn when it is at home?

Been out on many Ops lately have we?..........................:PDT_Xtremez_17:

Like I say, from MY experience which was Op Resinate for many years. Op Adana (QRA) is still ongoing. Can't Lim much for that.

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
I knew you wouldnt resist a wee fishing match, for someone who only joined the goat in Feb you have a lot of posts.

Yep I have done the Op Resonate thing too, you lot only turned up when we left the dognut behind to go to Kuwait.

By that time you had brick blocks and everything, F3 namby pambies afraid of a bit of canvas.:PDT_Xtremez_28:

QRA mmmm, try SAR, I think we get scrambled a lot more than yew and anyway those new things are doing that for you now too.

Not long to go before you aint got a role, if you ever had one that is.............::P:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
I knew you wouldnt resist a wee fishing match, for someone who only joined the goat in Feb you have a lot of posts.

Yep I have done the Op Resonate thing too, you lot only turned up when we left the dognut behind to go to Kuwait.

By that time you had brick blocks and everything, F3 namby pambies afraid of a bit of canvas.:PDT_Xtremez_28:

QRA mmmm, try SAR, I think we get scrambled a lot more than yew and anyway those new things are doing that for you now too.

Not long to go before you aint got a role, if you ever had one that is.............::P:

And your point is? I merely stated that we couldn't Lim' anything without a good reason, unlike when I worked on 56 Sqn.

S

shirley286

Memories...bless

Memories...bless

As a former AMF rigger now at CMU i can safely say the morale from AMF didnt follow us down the road, no more beer calls with BMW's being driven across the rugby pitch by a certain drunk rigger now on RSS, No more Mince Pie fights instigated by the leckies in the Rugby club, That Hilton Flag from the Xmas do 2005 better have gone to a deserving place, 'Timmy' has now got a permanent posting to the playpark i hope. Certain individuals from the past few years certainly shant be forgotten, a blond who provided hours of entertainment, a gormless few who whiled away the day sleeping in intakes, a CT who was locked in the womans toilet in 2 shed while sniffing the seats, another chiefs temper who could be measured by the length his sleeve had been rolled up, particularly after he punctured a discus while trying to take a WSA out, after ordering an SAC to pump the enerpac to 8000 psi then watching the bolt snap and shoot 20 ft in the air.
The most memorable though has to be a short fat useless oxygen thief JT who was kicked off his team for an LAC, as the LAC was seen as more competent. I'm sure AMF lads will know which impreza driving imp i mean. He nearly killed an SAC with a taileron, run over another SAC in the transit, never passed a fitness test, and was generally a pillock.

I miss AMF :S

E

Edzar

Slightly Off Topic F3's --- useless. Biggest waste of taxpayers dosh yet. Do you all realise these useless gits are the only Sqns still manned at full strength?? As in - before multi-skilling? Yet they are about the only ones out the whole RAF that are NOT ON FREAKING OPS????!!!::P:

And another thing.....you Tonka tubes need to get off yer high horses about Ops in certain toilets on this planet....get a tour on Chinny's or Harriers and then start yer bleating.........oh...look.....you don't see a lot of THOSE guys on here bleating and bragging do you?? That's cos they don't have the time so wind yer necks in ya spoons!:PDT_Xtremez_25:

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
And another thing.....you Tonka tubes need to get off yer high horses

Aye fine but you are puting me in the wrong bracket, I aint on Tonkas and havent been for several years.

As for Ops, I didnt see anyone bragging about being a hero, well not until you mentioned hero Ops. We are all doing our bit on Ops, well appart from F3's that is!!

The Bowmeister

Darkside Jedi Master
Well I can speak from the experience of 3 operational bomber Sqns and being ex-XV(R) and relatively speaking there were more early stacks on the Sqns than the so called 'driving school'. (That was of course before the jets were reduced.)
It stands to reason when XV(R) had twice as many jets that there were more work and therefore more manpower needed, its funking simple maths and anyone who cant see that is a f**kwit.

Oh and btw I had a pal on 617 who used to use me as a threat to folk complaining about being hard done by. The threat was, if you think you have it bad I will send you across to Do* Do****ly over on 15 I am sure he could use the help, funnily enuf no-one complained for long after that...................

This thread does appear to have gone WELLOff Topic !!

I Didn't realise you needed any help "Sitting on ure Arse" and supping coffee - Bloody other Sqn workshy FOP::P:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber

And...............SAR at the moment has a considerably small amount of manpower, budget and interest from above.

As a former AMF rigger now at CMU i can safely say the morale from AMF didnt follow us down the road, no more beer calls with BMW's being driven across the rugby pitch by a certain drunk rigger now on RSS, No more Mince Pie fights instigated by the leckies in the Rugby club, That Hilton Flag from the Xmas do 2005 better have gone to a deserving place, 'Timmy' has now got a permanent posting to the playpark i hope. Certain individuals from the past few years certainly shant be forgotten, a blond who provided hours of entertainment, a gormless few who whiled away the day sleeping in intakes, a CT who was locked in the womans toilet in 2 shed while sniffing the seats, another chiefs temper who could be measured by the length his sleeve had been rolled up, particularly after he punctured a discus while trying to take a WSA out, after ordering an SAC to pump the enerpac to 8000 psi then watching the bolt snap and shoot 20 ft in the air.
The most memorable though has to be a short fat useless oxygen thief JT who was kicked off his team for an LAC, as the LAC was seen as more competent. I'm sure AMF lads will know which impreza driving imp i mean. He nearly killed an SAC with a taileron, run over another SAC in the transit, never passed a fitness test, and was generally a pillock.

I miss AMF :S

That wouldnt be the same JT who had all 3 sqn's badges, but no experience?

quite a rotund chap, same name as the game show host who appeared tanned and camp in a supermarket?

S

shirley286

quite a rotund chap, same name as the game show host who appeared tanned and camp in a supermarket?

Yup, thats the fat moron i'm on about, its funny how you mention his name at Marham and most people have heard about him.......

W

Wonky Tonka

.........and the same chap who had a scale model of his beloved car constructed from a few rools of speed-tape and a chicken-sh*t trolley.

Weren't his leaving gift photos still lying in the PMRT office when the place shut..........about 9 months after he'd actually gone??

Back