• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pay rise?

• Thread starter Thread starter wgaf
  • Start date Start date
W

wgaf

Chatting to one of the lads today and he reckons he's been told by people in the know that TG 1 where supposed to get a pay rise of "about 8%". It was supposed to happen during the fire strikes, however it was deemed to controversial as all trades where involved in op telic. Now these "people in the know" stated that it is going to happen now. As there is a pay revue happening as we speak.
Anyone got any info?

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Sorry to rain on your parade wgaf, but any pay rise would have to be within the current framework. Until another wholesale review re-creates a third pay range then an 8% pay rise for techies would also apply to everybody else on the higher pay range.

That said, I haven't heard any whisper about an out-of-turn pay rise and with this Government I don't expect one. I'm afraid this is one of those "a mate told me that he has a mate . . . . " situations.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
There's a Strategic Remuneration Review ongoing at the moment according to AMP's briefing team. It's supposed to be reporting before the next payrise. However, if it's like previous c0ck ups like pay 2000, it'll be cost neutral.:S

who's having a giraffe, 8% someones dreaming. i know we had a 12.2% in 1991 but the country cannot afford to gives us pay rise like that. i woud not say no lol .........

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Chatting to one of the lads today and he reckons he's been told by people in the know that TG 1 where supposed to get a pay rise of "about 8%". It was supposed to happen during the fire strikes, however it was deemed to controversial as all trades where involved in op telic. Now these "people in the know" stated that it is going to happen now. As there is a pay revue happening as we speak.
Anyone got any info?

What has Telic got to do with the fire strikes ? Wasn't that "Op Fresco"? 8% not while there's a tight fisted jock in charge who doesn't know where the MOD is? And I now reside in TG1 but being of the more intelligent side of techie world I concur that ex TG 2 are obviously better and that means TG2 before the DF's contaminated it.

Last edited:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I was chatting to a guy in the bar who knew someones sister who's uncle works in the kitchens of a guy who drives the lass that files the paperwork for the people who deliver CDs for the guys at the top and he said 8% pay cut for all TG1.

Must be true then.

In last years review they noticed that we arn't getting such a good deal anymore and that x factor should be going up this year in addition to any annual pay rise, as long as Gordon lets it go through, perhaps a headline grabbing pay rise for new entrants and a shat one for the rest us again.

If TG1 continue to run off to BAE and others then you might get some kind of retention bonus, similar to the aircrew or Gnr one, good luck

C

Captain Gatso

Anyone got any info?

As much as I would love, plus everyone else in trade group one come to that, a pay rise of around 8% I have to agree with some goaters here who have voiced caution on this. This would cause massive uproar amongst the other trades and would cause even more problems considering the fragile state of the RAF at the moment. I appreciate how much more we are all doing in the top trade groups at the moment and would welcome a pay rise to reflect this. However there are a few facts that are missing from this.
1.) We have not got the money to have a pay rise for anyone at the moment.
2.) This pay rise would alienate the other trade groups causing loss of morale (whats left of it anyway) thus making more folks head for the door.
With the recent announcment of 22 year service for current serving junior techies and SAC'T ect, plus this rumour I am very suspicious of the RAF's motives for doing something like this. It confirms to me that they are bloody desperate to retain folks and have shot themselves in the foot well and truly with all the past descions on manpower the top brass have made. Well I am not going to help them out of a hole they have created themselves. I am off in a year. Pay rise or no Pay rise.:PDT_Xtremez_06:

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
I know a guy who will give you all a 60% pay rise.

All you have to do is leave this god forsaken rat infested officer loving air farce, get your aircraft license and then contract at £28 per hr doing 4 on 4 off 12 hr shifts and get £61300 a year.

Add your pension to that and fcuking ching ching!

Take your 8% and ram it up yer jinkers........................

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Anyone got any info?
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

The Stig A.D.I.

Corporal
And here's some from me...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Not while your ar5e points down m8, LMAO!!!

:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Beaver

LAC
Isn't it a bit early for the next pay rise rumour? Don't these things usually kick off about February, before the usual crock of **** in April?

Back