• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Techies have your say

sumps

Sergeant
I was phoned by my desky from High Wycombe the other day apparently there is a 2 star asking why we have a retention problem in retaining people and more to the point what would it take them to convince me to stay in!

My answer: 1. £40K – with no effects to my current contract or pension. 2. Promotion to chief. 3. My choice of posting. 4. All of the above to occur at once.

Cant see any problem with that – I wait with baited breath…:PDT_Xtremez_28:

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
My answer: 1. £40K – with no effects to my current contract or pension. 2. Promotion to chief. 3. My choice of posting. 4. All of the above to occur at once.

Cant see any problem with that – I wait with baited breath…:PDT_Xtremez_28:

As a Chief I'd expect at least £45, Sgts should be on £40

B

bigfella

Yep - £40k, permanent location of my choice, child care & decent allowances and I'd put on a uniform again.

I'll not wait for the phone to ring......::P:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Yep - £40k, permanent location of my choice, child care & decent allowances and I'd put on a uniform again.

I'll not wait for the phone to ring......::P:

They had that option for local service WRAF only.

I think a more structured system maybe. Everybody should have to take a turn at the more unpleasant jobs as well as the nicer ones.

M

Mickwreay

Techie Pay

Techie Pay

Can someone answer me this question?
Where in the world is there an airport where the security and catering staff get paid the same as the aircraft technicians?

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
There is no airport that pays the same, that why people are banging out left right and centre to go and work in said airports.

Back