• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG 3 and their constant Whining (From a TG11 perspective)

• Thread starter Thread starter referee806
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

georgeios

never done commcen so never needed to, anyway i can read and type its the letter in my head that are wrong. so im a timmy:PDT_Xtremez_06:

G

georgeios

They keep saying VPR VVVV PPPPP RRRR i just dont understand.... TIMMY!!!! :PDT_Xtremez_14:

N

NoBarToFar

IMO IT is a huge money spinner in the ‘Real World’ and belatedly the RAF had to do something to stop all the money grabbers getting trained up and leaving to seek their fortunes. I will never profess to be a ‘techie’ and harbour no burning desire to work on radars etc. But for the sake of AT training, now eventually and not before time it’s good that my pay packet is starting to reflect the continual additional training needed to keep on the ball. The trade sponsor looked after us for once, give him credit!

P.S. It would be a shame if the banter between ex 11 & 3 stopped though, who would we pick on then?!:PDT_Xtremez_30:

greenblue

LAC
From a TG11 perspective

From a TG11 perspective

It is easy to see the point of view from all TG trades. TG11 is going but I suspect will be around for a year or so as there is still a requirment. I have worked joint service a lot, and both other services are doing the same, to various degrees. Army comms is putting radio ops into the TG4(type) role to be more adaptable. However, the tech / comms divide does remain and I suspect always will. However, they are bringing in the Supervisor which is 'a bit of both trades', but primarily TG4-type.
I do believe the trade sponsors (no matter how much they are being slagged off) are probably looking a few years down the line when a lot of comms become joint (Defence) Services and we are left with ground to air comms, radar and air platforms.
It is nice to see us (3 / 4 & 11) leading the way on deployed and fixed comms but the communications world is changing fast, and we need to stay ahead.

Switch on panic circuits.
Panic circuits on, sir !
AAAhhhhh !!!!!!!!!

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
I do believe the trade sponsors (no matter how much they are being slagged off) are probably looking a few years down the line when a lot of comms become joint (Defence) Services and we are left with ground to air comms, radar and air platforms.
It is nice to see us (3 / 4 & 11) leading the way on deployed and fixed comms but the communications world is changing fast, and we need to stay ahead.

?@@ Right what colour is the sky in your world?

Lets look to the future shall we?
Joint comms with ground to air comms and radar? Why would anyone, however fat they are, think rebadging a bunch of typists and telephone opperators would make good technicians on IT equipment and the areas you highlighted. It is all rubbish and i am sick to the back teeth of you lot trying to justify yourself! sorry for the tone of the post but I have had enough..........
TG4 is a way to get a bunch of poorly paid jacks of all trades to swap boxes and click away at a computer....fine but to sugest that TG11 have any sort of justification for being suitable for the job needs someone ful of loads of alchohol. guess what i am ful of beer and it still makes no sense.
collect your high pay band while it lasts, but shut the f#@k about you deserving it!!!!!!!!!

M

MACC LAD

?@@ Right what colour is the sky in your world?

Lets look to the future shall we?
Joint comms with ground to air comms and radar? Why would anyone, however fat they are, think rebadging a bunch of typists and telephone opperators would make good technicians on IT equipment and the areas you highlighted. It is all rubbish and i am sick to the back teeth of you lot trying to justify yourself! sorry for the tone of the post but I have had enough..........
TG4 is a way to get a bunch of poorly paid jacks of all trades to swap boxes and click away at a computer....fine but to sugest that TG11 have any sort of justification for being suitable for the job needs someone ful of loads of alchohol. guess what i am ful of beer and it still makes no sense.
collect your high pay band while it lasts, but shut the f#@k about you deserving it!!!!!!!!!

ive met plenty of tg11 who could easily be on par trade wise with the gods that call themselves tg3 these tg11 bods self taught themselves on the job while doing their own jobs i might add !!!! are you not embarressed still going on about tg4 and how it shouldnt be !! with your attitude i hope you are near your exit date oh and i do deserve it mate if chefs/rocks/mt etc.. r getting it .. see what i mean !!!

chumpzilla

Sergeant
what the hell, why not just put everyone on high pay band!? So that means at least the admin'ers can't fudge up your wages!

As for Tg3 being god like, a bit blasphemous, but true!!!!!!:PDT_Xtremez_15:

Furthermore, it doesn't matter what trade anyone is anymore, we're all getting replaced by civvies until there is only 2 Officers and their dogs left...........................:PDT_Xtremez_17: :PDT_Xtremez_17: Off Topic

chumpzilla

Sergeant
tg11 bods self taught themselves on the job while doing their own jobs i might add !!!!

P.S Wow, they learned how to reset passwords and set up accts while writing signals and filing! Have they ever done a front end set-up on a primary radar? or done a Tacan Ae change in the middle of winter?! Probably not, closest they've come to technical work is asking someone to reset their computer! Ha Ha :PDT_Xtremez_15:

M

MACC LAD

P.S Wow, they learned how to reset passwords and set up accts while writing signals and filing! Have they ever done a front end set-up on a primary radar? or done a Tacan Ae change in the middle of winter?! Probably not, closest they've come to technical work is asking someone to reset their computer! Ha Ha :PDT_Xtremez_15:

narrow minded again !!! yeah and and all of ex tg3 can set up a primary radar and work on tacan i think not for fooook sake one tg 3 lad i knew licked his own soldering iron !!! for your info im talking the days b4 ccis where tg11 guys deployed mobile sat alongside with tg3, made cables up fault finding (cus tg3 guy just posted in didnt know arse fm elbow)

T93

Sergeant
narrow minded again !!! yeah and and all of ex tg3 can set up a primary radar and work on tacan i think not for fooook sake one tg 3 lad i knew licked his own soldering iron !!! for your info im talking the days b4 ccis where tg11 guys deployed mobile sat alongside with tg3, made cables up fault finding (cus tg3 guy just posted in didnt know arse fm elbow)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MC,

I agree with your comment that not all TG3 can setup primary on the Radar, or work on TACAN. TG3 was (still is as far as im aware) streamed for different primary skillsets...Mine was AD...I miss the T93:PDT_Xtremez_28: far superior to the T101. Why they have deployed it to sunnier climes is beyond me, surely thier is no air threat, apart from the odd brick!! ...A bit off topic, sorry.

Im a long time out now (Dec95) so im sure the Air Force has changed to reflect the changing times (albeit at a much slower pace than civvy st), and much of the present day RAF i will have no knowledge on (esp: all the new acronyms hehe)....But i do work in the comms world, and have extensive knowledge (at the mo im working as remote support eng (TM-Deutschland/Tm Austria & VF Hungary/Poland) to the customers here in Germany, and even though there is a certain crossover of skills/experience sometimes, you still cannot expect an alarm jockey who can identify an alarm and to save/ftp the specific symptom files to be able to decode the data and complete analysis of the fault for either/or fault neutralisation, or fault resolvement, esp if its call processing faults, Radio Resource related & equipment failure at the NEs. So, even though i agree to trade mergers, i cannot see how a guy without the training/experience to be as good as the guy who completed his/hers 16 month plus DE course (im using my previous RAF training here as an example).
Im not being, nor trying to be disrespectful, but there is no comaprsion, thats just the way it is.

fyi: I have met many a good TG11 & TG12 bods who proved to be very competent at the mech/tech level and impressed me very much.

M

MACC LAD

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MC,

I agree with your comment that not all TG3 can setup primary on the Radar, or work on TACAN. TG3 was (still is as far as im aware) streamed for different primary skillsets...Mine was AD...I miss the T93:PDT_Xtremez_28: far superior to the T101. Why they have deployed it to sunnier climes is beyond me, surely thier is no air threat, apart from the odd brick!! ...A bit off topic, sorry.

Im a long time out now (Dec95) so im sure the Air Force has changed to reflect the changing times (albeit at a much slower pace than civvy st), and much of the present day RAF i will have no knowledge on (esp: all the new acronyms hehe)....But i do work in the comms world, and have extensive knowledge (at the mo im working as remote support eng (TM-Deutschland/Tm Austria & VF Hungary/Poland) to the customers here in Germany, and even though there is a certain crossover of skills/experience sometimes, you still cannot expect an alarm jockey who can identify an alarm and to save/ftp the specific symptom files to be able to decode the data and complete analysis of the fault for either/or fault neutralisation, or fault resolvement, esp if its call processing faults, Radio Resource related & equipment failure at the NEs. So, even though i agree to trade mergers, i cannot see how a guy without the training/experience to be as good as the guy who completed his/hers 16 month plus DE course (im using my previous RAF training here as an example).
Im not being, nor trying to be disrespectful, but there is no comaprsion, thats just the way it is.

fyi: I have met many a good TG11 & TG12 bods who proved to be very competent at the mech/tech level and impressed me very much.

good post well said on the other hand as well i doubt many tg3 bods would last a full shift in say the commcen as its signals and so called filing is about 10 percent of a normal commcen shift

T93

Sergeant
good post well said on the other hand as well i doubt many tg3 bods would last a full shift in say the commcen as its signals and so called filing is about 10 percent of a normal commcen shift

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MC,

I agree fully.

I cannot think of an anology right now, but i guess what it comes down to is that ALL comms related trades bring into play all the required skills that are necessary in the Comms world.

T

top_man

TG3 whinging

TG3 whinging

Men & menettes,

Wow, what a lot of shinfing and back-biting. I am ex-TG11, now TG4 and I LOVE IT. Only a few Z codes to worry about now, and occasionally ripping a bit of murray code off and putting in the crypto tray and watching people panic. Now I can play with networks, cabling, programming (a posh name for a cokc-up) planning, fixing. and working closely with my fellow airmen. Comfort zone is getting good now. Great move. Who is worried about pay, it is job satisfaction. Get me OOR and let my screwdriver sing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nurse !!!!

chumpzilla

Sergeant
well T93, times change, the old tg3 boys are not streamed into ad,af,tc for whatever reason, I did the SAC Tech course which eliminated the old mech/tech system and dare i say, the DE system.

As for learning others jobs, i'm a SAC who did the depressing DATO job while doing other airfield stuff so don't bleat on about learning other jobs. At least the tech side is less depressing than the other side!.

Sorry about the whine, but everyone seems to be in love with this travesty of a trade group called "4".

P.S Didn't Tg4 used to be som kind of Serch and Rescue thing, or am i mis-informed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back