• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG 3 and their constant Whining (From a TG11 perspective)

• Thread starter Thread starter referee806
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

top_man

TG 3 etc

TG 3 etc

I still think the army signals do it the right way. It IS two seperate trades but very closely overlapping, careers on techy side and on Ops side (TG11 etc) but as the Ops is becoming more and more IT, then perhaps the army way (althouugh they are a long way behind us) is necessarily the better way. CT to Foreman (alhtough I suspect most Cpls would easily make that course) and Yeoman for the Ops / radio / commcen side with the Supervisor, the IM / SIM role

That way, they keep their clear roles but can work WITH the other services instead of having to to the job for them

Mad Pierre

Corporal
So why are you still stirring up the ****e mate, you obviously have no idea what the trade is about now.

The ****e was already splattered across the room when I walked in mate, I was merely putting some of it in the correct bucket. For the record I've pointed out to some TG3s elsewhere that the world of comms has changed significantly in the civvi world too, largely as a result of easy to operate throwaway kit which is now endemic, and everything being software driven which can be 'engineered' by the average IT experienced school leaver.

As for what the trade is about, which one? Seems to me you've still got several trades, just got a new bag to put them in.

[ everything being software driven which can be 'engineered' by the average IT experienced school leaver.

That mate is why your trade is going down the pan, not your fault, by the sounds of it you got out at the right time, it is a completely different air force now mate, i hate writting that as all the old sweats keep saying that. It is though, they are pushing the trade more to the squadrons, and for us to survive the next few years the link from the trade to the aircraft has to be clear and for all the air staff to see.

I'll keep an eye out for you over the rememberance weekend plooding around the poppy reefs, :PDT_Xtremez_15: Perhaps the Imperial War Museum would be interested in your views now, take care:PDT_Xtremez_28:

Mad Pierre

Corporal
[ everything being software driven which can be 'engineered' by the average IT experienced school leaver.

That mate is why your trade is going down the pan, not your fault, by the sounds of it you got out at the right time, it is a completely different air force now mate, i hate writting that as all the old sweats keep saying that. It is though, they are pushing the trade more to the squadrons, and for us to survive the next few years the link from the trade to the aircraft has to be clear and for all the air staff to see.

Perhaps the Imperial War Museum would be interested in your views now, take care

and of course the real irony is that I now work for a civvy company that is doing its best to flush your lot down the pan too. :0

I don't think the IWM will be interested in my decade of touring the worlds fleshpots while nobody was shooting at me, although ironically the guys at this place http://www.hackgreen.co.uk/BMEWS/bmews.htm would love a chat if they knew that the man who used to change the bulbs on the BMEWS lived 5 miles down the road.
:PDT_Xtremez_30:

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
I don't think the IWM will be interested in my decade of touring the worlds fleshpots while nobody was shooting at me, although ironically the guys at this place http://www.hackgreen.co.uk/BMEWS/bmews.htm would love a chat if they knew that the man who used to change the bulbs on the BMEWS lived 5 miles down the road.

Off Topic What a load of tosh on that Hackgreen site, BMEWS gone???? There are still a few bits of the FPS-49's kicking about Here, like the situation display console (still got the original CRT's in it with maps of the USA, USSR and Europe burnt on it), ECM montior console and the site equipment mimic display board. Most of the blubs on them still work to.Off Topic

Last edited:
and of course the real irony is that I now work for a civvy company that is doing its best to flush your lot down the pan too. :0

Mate by that you have proved that you are full of ****e, i suggest that you get back to your milk round and stop bothering us. I'm sure your vet badge looks nice on the bus any how.

you are out of touch mate, where i work i can tell that you are full of it, sit at the back and keep quiet

Mad Pierre

Corporal
Mate by that you have proved that you are full of ****e, i suggest that you get back to your milk round and stop bothering us. I'm sure your vet badge looks nice on the bus any how.

you are out of touch mate, where i work i can tell that you are full of it, sit at the back and keep quiet

Not sure what your getting at, and not sure I really care.
Seems you just want to chuck insults, fine, consign the thread to the playground, it probably should have gone there on day one.

You've stated above that your own trade is in trouble, I'm merely agreeing with you, lets face it most worldwide comms can be carried out by secure email, all the mighty TASS/TARE interfaces are long gone, HF has been largely superceded by a trooper on the ground with a portable sat dish, tasking aircraft no longer requires a mobile commcen. We can do more now with four men, one router and a dish than was possible with a twenty man hub a decade ago. It wasn't that far back when a Tel's greatest ability was translating MC.
I might not be in touch with your personal world but I'm well up on worldwide comm's, I may even be the guy you look to for your next job bearing in mind the inroads the civvies (my own company included) are making into your world.
As for my vets badge, it looks very nice wherever I wear it, though I prefer to use one of my BMWs before the bus, unless I'm drinking. You'll have one too one day and I hope you're as proud of your achievements for the RAF as I am of mine and wear it in the spirit it was intended.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Not sure what your getting at, and not sure I really care.
Seems you just want to chuck insults, fine, consign the thread to the playground, it probably should have gone there on day one.

I dont know who suddenly made you a moderator in the couple of months since you've been here.

I did warn earlier about the petty bickering, this is going nowhere.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back