• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG3/11 Amalgamation - Is It Working??

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

techiebird335

With all the talk of whether or not TG4 is working, I actually had the privilege of working for the Sqn Ldr whose bright idea TG4 was.

In a meeting one meaningless afternoon, the question was asked 'Sir, What if TG4 doesn't work?'

His reply however to be interpreted, was: 'Of course it will work, we'll make it work!'

As you can imagine the grunts and groans that came from all the TG3 and TG11 personnel as we were back then due to the lack of faith or foresight that there would be problems with the amalgamation.

I personally have not experienced any problems, however my section is predominantly made up of ex TG3 personnel.

T

top_man

TG4 - is it workin

TG4 - is it workin

I was at Cosford for a day or two last week and someone said that there is a big meeting to discuss TG4, whether or not it is working as it was intended. Is this true or is someone winding me up

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Most likely true, I can see it now, loads of Officers sitting round the table agreeing on what a tremendous success TG4 is and who's expense account is going to pay for the G&T's.

Or am I being cynical.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
Maybe a different topic

Maybe a different topic

There may well be a meeting...
I heard we should expect some hot news soon (I think we have all been done now?), but what the subject will be is anyones guess.

May be the latest pay results?
Re-introduction of CT rank? (go on I dare you!!)
If any of the new OMs will ever go back to Cosford?
What to do with all the IMs once DII/Atlas take over?
Or even scrapping of the last promotion board results?

Or even that they will move TCW to Cosford and create a super Comms hub ?

Go on have a guess?

wolfy

Warrant Officer
There may well be a meeting...
I heard we should expect some hot news soon (I think we have all been done now?), but what the subject will be is anyones guess.

May be the latest pay results?
Re-introduction of CT rank? (go on I dare you!!)
If any of the new OMs will ever go back to Cosford?
What to do with all the IMs once DII/Atlas take over?
Or even scrapping of the last promotion board results?

Or even that they will move TCW to Cosford and create a super Comms hub ?

Go on have a guess?

I think you will find TCW heading to Leeming.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
You will find that mug? was taking the p1ss, he is well aware where TCW are heading.

They are going for trade domination.
I thought they were going to Scampton?
or was it Blandford, no it was South Cerney? St Athan St Mawgan

No I am kidding they are going for a rebuild at Brize I hae seen the plans!

I noticed nobody throwing doubt on the other sugestions though?

C

Comms_Lad

I thought they were going to Scampton?
or was it Blandford, no it was South Cerney? St Athan St Mawgan

No I am kidding they are going for a rebuild at Brize I hae seen the plans!

I noticed nobody throwing doubt on the other sugestions though?

You got there before me mate lol

As for this rumoured TG4 chat, whats the betting that they dont ask those on the shop floor what they think.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer

Unfortunately very true, seeing that my little lot have just fallen under their dominance. Well the TG 4 guys did. As usual, the trade desk got told, and didn't tell anybody else at Innsworthless.

NFTR

SAC
As for this rumoured TG4 chat...........................

I heard (from a usually reliable source) that the adults were very keen, once all AT training is finished, to initiate a pay review with a view to dropping some ranks, if not all, back to the low band.

CIS Tech

Corporal
I heard (from a usually reliable source) that the adults were very keen, once all AT training is finished, to initiate a pay review with a view to dropping some ranks, if not all, back to the low band.

If they do, I feel sorry for all those CIS Techs that remustered IM.

C

Comms_Lad

It doesnt surprise me if they did that, even though the majority of the ex TG11's are doing more than they did before.

NFTR

SAC
If they do, I feel sorry for all those CIS Techs that remustered IM.

Why mate, what difference would that make? If they review TG4 and do decide to move us into the low pay scale your previous life would make no difference whatsoever. CIS Tech, CIS IM, all the same dosh now isn't it?

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Why mate, what difference would that make? If they review TG4 and do decide to move us into the low pay scale your previous life would make no difference whatsoever. CIS Tech, CIS IM, all the same dosh now isn't it?

To be fair any pay review could still decide to put CIS Techs and IMs on different pay. All the same TG but still different jobs.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
Review

Review

Off topic

The last review wanted to put all the sgts on the lower band. they did drop the CTs before they went and the FSs are likely to go low band too.

We are all doomed except for the CIS tech Cpls.....

Is TG4 working?
what do the new boys and girls think of not going back to cosford?

OK..Igiveup

Corporal
Its Official!!!

Its Official!!!

Just been sent some update from the TRADE sponsor
and it reports that TG4 is a success and that we need to continue to work hard and not become complacent.....

Tell that to the TG3 CTs /JTs/SAC(T)s who were devalued.
Tell that to the TG3 SGTS who have had no promotion for years.
Tell it to the CPLS (both) that have the same to look forward too.
Tell it to the TG4 IMs that have to have TG3 background for the gucci overseas jobs.
Tell it to the OMs who will be called back to cosford once they decide how they will be selected.

A motivated workforce will want to work hard to keep it a success.....TG4? well we are just waiting for our pension.
The skills are going, the promising people are going, the motivation has gone.
I think it is all too late to stop the rot now.
I feel for the poor new bloke.
Sorry Sir you've dipped out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back