• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG3/11 Amalgamation - Is It Working??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVRisthefuture

Sergeant
As for most, I'd want to get promoted for doing my job, not being a charity event co-ord, or football/rugby sports billy, hence still scum. Nuff said.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
As for most, I'd want to get promoted for doing my job, not being a charity event co-ord, or football/rugby sports billy, hence still scum. Nuff said.

I agree, but the way it SHOULD work is if you have two identical airmen in terms of ability, and the only way to choose between them is who gives the most back to the RAF/community in his or her own time.

People taking secondary duties purely for F6000 really grip my sh1t.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Off topic kinda...but it would be nice to see an Interview system for promotion. Assessments only paint a 2-D picture of an individual.

PVRisthefuture

Sergeant
the only way to choose between them is who gives the most back to the RAF/community in his or her own time.

Negative matey. No way will they be identical. Extra time in work, volunteering to cover shifts, doing crap duties - all work related. The system you refer to penalises people with family commitments, sad singlies getting promoted because they have nothing better to do so "play the game" get the edge on promotion. Bollox. Charity work doesn't make them leaders of men, and excellent techies. I AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE. So many people picked up rom pish like that, hence the phase "found them in the cornflakes".

People taking secondary duties purely for F6000 really grip my sh1t.

Most definitely agree.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Negative matey. No way will they be identical. Extra time in work, volunteering to cover shifts, doing crap duties - all work related. The system you refer to penalises people with family commitments, sad singlies getting promoted because they have nothing better to do so "play the game" get the edge on promotion. Bollox. Charity work doesn't make them leaders of men, and excellent techies. I AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE. So many people picked up rom pish like that, hence the phase "found them in the cornflakes".

I don't agree. The RAF wants you to be first and foremost an RAF NCO. Being good at your job is EXPECTED. Secondary duties do not penalise married people, what a load of horse sh1t. A few hours a week out of your time makes no difference whether you live in the block, on quarters or live out (incidentally that is YOUR choice).

Your reference to "sad" singlies means you obviously have a chip on your shoulder about the whole promotion system , you've obviously been overlooked for whatever reason, thats sad but life unfortunately.

I've seen some very capable tradesmen promoted that have made sh1te NCOs, simply because they do not have the leadership, articulative or cognitive abilities to be leaders. Giving something back to the RAF community in your own time shows commitment, and often shows you are capable of organising, supervising and leading events expeditions etc.

The system isn't perfect, but unfortunately, we are stuck with it.

CIS Tech

Corporal
Secondary duties, all too often affect the whole report. Many a time have I heard the line "he can't get X because he has no secondary duty" What utter bollox. There is a seperate box for secondary duties.

I don't agree. The RAF wants you to be first and foremost an RAF NCO. Being good at your job is EXPECTED. Secondary duties do not penalise married people, what a load of horse sh1t. A few hours a week out of your time makes no difference whether you live in the block, on quarters or live out (incidentally that is YOUR choice).

Your reference to "sad" singlies means you obviously have a chip on your shoulder about the whole promotion system , you've obviously been overlooked for whatever reason, thats sad but life unfortunately.

I've seen some very capable tradesmen promoted that have made sh1te NCOs, simply because they do not have the leadership, articulative or cognitive abilities to be leaders. Giving something back to the RAF community in your own time shows commitment, and often shows you are capable of organising, supervising and leading events expeditions etc.

The system isn't perfect, but unfortunately, we are stuck with it.

well said .

PVRisthefuture

Sergeant
I don't agree. The RAF wants you to be first and foremost an RAF NCO. Being good at your job is EXPECTED. Secondary duties do not penalise married people, what a load of horse sh1t. The system isn't perfect, but unfortunately, we are stuck with it.

Didn't say married people. I said people with family commitments. I won't go into specifics (please read between lines), but a couple of hours a week.. well bollox, even 1 minute a week doing something not related to your job that affects your promotion. Pure bollox man. I understand proving leadership, but do it in work, where you are assessed. Don't make an assumption because they do x,y,z they are born leaders.

I also said I speak from experience, I KNOW people picked up on secondary duties alone, they are crap tradespersons, could not inspire a turd and are openly slagged off by management. As for the system we are stuck with, well you know as well as everyone else everything changes, even changes for changes sake, hopefully it will change to reflect this, but I ain't holding my breath.

Ex Tg3

SAC
Reasons for the Amalgamation not working?

The reasons for not needing as many tech's can be down to the level of mainenance which is required on the kit coming in. Talking AF now, RPAR - CLS, new ILS currently being installed MOBwide - CLS, Tx/Rx will be out in the next 5 years, more than likely to be solid state therefore more reliable and a one for one swap. Keep the SAC(T)'s as they are and let them trickle through, when they have gone all the way through then the kit which requires the mass of the tech's might have gone too. AD, the Mascot equivilant is a one for one swap I am led to believe.

So is the amalgamation not working because tech's are not happy, or is it because they can't do the job?

^^The above coming from an SAC(T) with less than 2 1/2 years to do.

Ex Tg3

SAC
And is that you done your 9?

yep, but I wasn't putting the time down about promotion, more the fact that we are overmanned and if natural wastage will get the numbers to the required level am I likely to get signed onto 12? Even then if I do will there be enough promotion to keep me in until 22?

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
On Topic

On Topic

The Numbers Are Still Not Adding Up For Trade Balance.
Recruitment Is Not Working
Promotion Has Died
IT Trade For The Raf And Dii Can Not Co-exist - Its Contractual
Trainees Still Getting Shafted Through Training (binning Jt/ No Cis Tech Selection Required)
Sgt/FS Slots Still Requiring Tg3 Background
Millions Wasted On A Pathetic Assimilation Training Program (in Costs And Manpower)

Trade Sponsors Still Declare It A Success In Their Nov Update???

I Dont Live In A Bubble I Have To Look At The Facts And I Disagree...................::/:

Last edited:
C

Comms_Lad

thats one thing that has puzzled me . why do we have to remuster ?!? all the same trade .

If that puzzles you it explains a lot in regards to the majority of your posts.

We are all the same trade group not the same trade.
Hence CIS Tech and CIS OM. The remuster is because you have no jobs left to do we still do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back