• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

what does being a techie intail?

• Thread starter Thread starter blue_eyed_girl
  • Start date Start date
B

blue_eyed_girl

auchtermuchty said:
You REALLY dont understand the implications, do you?:PDT_Xtremez_24:

I am not in the RAF yet boy, i understand plenty of things but i dont have to put it across here all the time do i?:PDT_Xtremez_34:

A

auchtermuchty

blue_eyed_girl said:
I am not in the RAF yet boy, i understand plenty of things but i dont have to put it across here all the time do i?:PDT_Xtremez_34:

And you want to be careful not to talk to people like that when you go to oasc and especially if you get in!

Boy indeed:PDT_Xtremez_25:

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
auchtermuchty said:
And you want to be careful not to talk to people like that when you go to oasc and especially if you get in!

Don't go stealing my old nickname auchtermuchty - went by the name of "The Boy" during my tour on 18 at Gutersloh! :PDT_Xtremez_25:

T

Twinkle

blue_eyed_girl said:
I am not in the RAF yet boy

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh dear......You are talking to "adults" now, not your paper round buddies little one:PDT_Xtremez_06:

A

auchtermuchty

Billy,

Please feel free to reclaim it!

It struck me that the two were decidedly different and being called boy by a school leaver just annoyed me. Now I could be missing some youth culture slang here but dont really care, if she addressed me like that to my face she would have gotten both barrels.........I need to go lie down.Could someone wake me in an hour with a cuppa and a rich tea.

B

blue_eyed_girl

auchtermuchty said:

you are doing it again, i know exactly how to act and i know how to speak to people, you give respect to people unlike some people on here who don't

and as the great Arnold Schwarzenegger would say "chill out dickwad"

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
auchtermuchty said:
Billy,

Please feel free to reclaim it!

It struck me that the two were decidedly different and being called boy by a school leaver just annoyed me. Now I could be missing some youth culture slang here but dont really care, if she addressed me like that to my face she would have gotten both barrels.........I need to go lie down.Could someone wake me in an hour with a cuppa and a rich tea.

Cheers but have aged a bit since then! Think BEG is getting a bit of stick off Twinkle too. Oh dear indeed!

Nice to have a bit of youth on the site though rather than all us grumpy old gits! Enjoy your lie down! :PDT_Xtremez_30:

B

blue_eyed_girl

Billy Whizz said:
Cheers but have aged a bit since then! Think BEG is getting a bit of stick off Twinkle too. Oh dear indeed!

Nice to have a bit of youth on the site though rather than all us grumpy old gits! Enjoy your lie down! :PDT_Xtremez_30:

you mean twinkle is trying to give me stick, people can voice there opinions, it doesnt bother me a bit

just a little annoying when people say things about me and i havent even said nothing wrong against them

i just come on here to chat about the RAF, isnt that what this site is for?

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
blue_eyed_girl said:
you mean twinkle is trying to give me stick, people can voice there opinions, it doesnt bother me a bit

just a little annoying when people say things about me and i havent even said nothing wrong against them

i just come on here to chat about the RAF, isnt that what this site is for?

I think Twinkle is trying to pass on a bit of friendly advice BEG.

Yes, this site is all about the RAF and life in the RAF. Hopefully you're getting a good insight into the sort of people who you'll end up working and playing with (ooer! no pun intended - yeah right!) :PDT_Xtremez_30:

A

auchtermuchty

havent we all billy,

It is nice to see a bit of youth and she is more than welcome to be here. She has just made the distinction of being the first one on here to **** me off! Frankly she deserves the stick she gets if after me pointing out gently that she overstepped the mark with me she then goes on to call me a "Dickwad" - charming!!

T

Twinkle

Billy Whizz said:

Twinkle is merely saying little leagues should be mindful of big leagues when asking for advice then taking the pi**, it:PDT_Xtremez_21: doesnt seem a good way to go forward

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
auchtermuchty said:
havent we all billy,

It is nice to see a bit of youth and she is more than welcome to be here. She has just made the distinction of being the first one on here to **** me off! Frankly she deserves the stick she gets if after me pointing out gently that she overstepped the mark with me she then goes on to call me a "Dickwad" - charming!!

Nothing like a bit of friendly banter to brighten up a boring afternoon/evening shift at work! :PDT_Xtremez_30:

B

blue_eyed_girl

auchtermuchty said:
havent we all billy,

haha sorry, i havent meant to **** you off i was just joking, i thought you needed a sense of humour to be in the RAF

can we just forget it anyway (plus arnold schwarzenegger said the dickwad thing not me ha)

anyway, wizz i know what you mean by what types of people i could be working with and some of the people i have talked to on here i sure hope i don't ever have to work with because they were just horrible

if i did have to work with the likes of people like them then i sure would get on with them and be super friendly but inside i sure wouldnt like it ha but hey thats what you have got to do to get on and im pretty good at being nice to people i dont like but have to be

i just like being friends with everybody, i like being nice :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
blue_eyed_girl said:
haha sorry, i havent meant to **** you off i was just joking, i thought you needed a sense of humour to be in the RAF

can we just forget it anyway (plus arnold schwarzenegger said the dickwad thing not me ha)

anyway, wizz i know what you mean by what types of people i could be working with and some of the people i have talked to on here i sure hope i don't ever have to work with because they were just horrible

if i did have to work with the likes of people like them then i sure would get on with them and be super friendly but inside i sure wouldnt like it ha but hey thats what you have got to do to get on and im pretty good at being nice to people i dont like but have to be

i just like being friends with everybody, i like being nice :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Think I just about understand what you're saying!

Best you get used to being nice to people you hate or can't get on with - it's a daily occurrence in the RAF!

And well done for apologising - not a common practise on E-goat! :PDT_Xtremez_30:

A

auchtermuchty

blue_eyed_girl said:

can we just forget it anyway (plus arnold schwarzenegger said the dickwad thing not me ha):

I shall accept this as sort of an apology and that will be the end of it young lady. As a pointer though even though Arnie said it you quoted him - that makes you responsible for the comment in this conversation.

A sense of humour is a must but try not to be condescending its not the same thing.

B

blue_eyed_girl

Billy Whizz said:
Think I just about understand what you're saying!

Best you get used to being nice to people you hate or can't get on with - it's a daily occurrence in the RAF!

And well done for apologising - not a common practise on E-goat! :PDT_Xtremez_30:

well i dont like annoying people, like i said before, i like to be nice to people even if some people arent nice to me (but with people like that i just get on with on the outside and don't like them on the inside ha) still its nice to be nice

can you tell that i am a friendly person or not?

B

blue_eyed_girl

auchtermuchty said:
I shall accept this as sort of an apology and that will be the end of it young lady. As a pointer though even though Arnie said it you quoted him - that makes you responsible for the comment in this conversation.

A sense of humour is a must but try not to be condescending its not the same thing.

your advice has been noted and taken in

as i said before sorry if i annoyed you

B

blue_eyed_girl

auchtermuchty said:
I thought you were thats why i started talking to you

:PDT_Xtremez_03: you thought i was! am i not now?? :PDT_Xtremez_08:

A

auchtermuchty

blue_eyed_girl said:
:PDT_Xtremez_03: you thought i was! am i not now?? :PDT_Xtremez_08:

OK my turn to apologise for not being entirely clear - as BW said its unusual for apologies on here. As such, you have to be nice otherwise you would have prolonged the situation or ignored it.

satisfied?

Back