• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

what does being a techie intail?

• Thread starter Thread starter blue_eyed_girl
  • Start date Start date
B

blue_eyed_girl

auchtermuchty said:
OK my turn to apologise for not being entirely clear - as BW said its unusual for apologies on here. As such, you have to be nice otherwise you would have prolonged the situation or ignored it.

satisfied?

Extremely satisfied!

:PDT_Xtremez_31:

thanks

S

suewilldo

blue_eyed_girl said:
lol cool thanks for the advice! just wrote a personal statement for the RAF because my college has told me that i need to write one for university even though i am not going to university at all! so they said well write one for the career you want so i have wrote one for the RAF even though they don't ask for one...anyway if i ever needed a personal statement i now have one ready to send off ha!

I will totally enjoy whatever career i get! going to be great!

Bless ya...your a great kid.Keep smiling xOff Topic

B

bored fairy

being a techie

being a techie

Its really not that difficult to be a spanner monkey sorry rigger or sooty the brains are in being a fairy or leckie!!:PDT_Xtremez_35:

J

jpain

bored fairy said:
....the brains are in being a fairy... PDT_Xtremez_35:

Have to agree, especially as all the other trades seem to be getting us to do their work for them.

Big clue: No Av's in tranche 3....:PDT_Xtremez_08:

C

Craigy B

what does being a techie intail?

I left the RAF in 97. I was a (Lecky) Liney who had just received his Fitters course.
I left due to the fact that I didn't want to go back to the UK as I was in Germany, still am, loved it and still do.
I'll tell you one thing. I have done a lot of things in my life, before and after the RAF, and being in a Technical trade in the RAF was ACE and the best thing that I ever did.
When my Son and or Daughter are old enough to decide for themselves, I would only encorage them to become Techies in the RAF. Go for it and enjoy your life!!
I still dream of the Airforce, and if I close my eyes can still see the shapes, smell the smells and hear Actuators, generators. Does anybody remeber Pegs at Halton? Now they were Burgers, how did they get him in the Burger van, he was bigger than a house?

J

Johnny Chiseler

Balls

It's a big bunch of hairy, sweaty balls.

When my kids are old enough, they will be discouraged from going anywhere near the RAF as a techy.Off Topic

S

suewilldo

Craigy B said:
I left the RAF in 97. I was a (Lecky) Liney who had just received his Fitters course.
I left due to the fact that I didn't want to go back to the UK as I was in Germany, still am, loved it and still do.
I'll tell you one thing. I have done a lot of things in my life, before and after the RAF, and being in a Technical trade in the RAF was ACE and the best thing that I ever did.
When my Son and or Daughter are old enough to decide for themselves, I would only encorage them to become Techies in the RAF. Go for it and enjoy your life!!
I still dream of the Airforce, and if I close my eyes can still see the shapes, smell the smells and hear Actuators, generators. Does anybody remeber Pegs at Halton? Now they were Burgers, how did they get him in the Burger van, he was bigger than a house?

I left in the mid 90s and yep had a fab time but things have changed big time.Read the Goat then tell me that you would want your kids in the RAF as a techie.I would section my daughter if she even considered it.

D

DrunkenMonki

I Love being a techie. where else could i earn 29K and do the square root of FA for it? Not all the time to be sure, but recently... man, i wanna work out what my hourly rate is for ACTUAL work done, not just sat at TM's desk.

D

DrunkenMonki

For the last week, £65 an hour. my wifes a nurse, she tops at £15 an hour. He he!

L

lavvy heid

Penguins Suck said:
right listen Blue eye bird, techie s are cr@p, they are all fat and lazeey and just change bits of aircraft and that aint hard. But as yous is a bird you cant be a rock

God your a fickle bawbag.

What feckin loser joins up to be a rock ape. You must really need to be bullied well at school to opt for a career in that mickey mouse outfit.
You work in a job that anyone else can do. Any monkey can shoot a GUN. That's the beauty of it. We 'change bits on aircraft' but we also do your ****e job in the desert cause they cannae get enough ae you bampots tae dae it. Like to see you doing ma job after 5 days IRT or CCS pish. You wouldnae huv a feckin clue.

The mob should start wae gettin rid ae you's and let a more well trained civilian outfit do your menial job. Then we could get a decent wage rise.

:PDT_Xtremez_06:

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Nice bite lavvy heid.

PS isn't a real rock, just an alterego masquerading for the entertainment of all and sundry.

Being a techie

Being a techie

BLue - eyed-burd,

GO FOR IT! not only will you be the best paid in the ground trades, (unlike ROCKS who have to do 9 years plus!! LOL)

Also you get to go to nice places like Las Vegas and the far east if your on a squadron, maybe the odd trip to the desert :PDT_Xtremez_06: (wink wink)

you'll again have the satisfaction of actually FIXING something. there is sometimes long hours and grief (management usually) BUT, it is a good trade and you actually feel like youve acheived something, wether MECH or AV, you should go for it!

oh, and the maths is like everyone's said, GCSE for your basic course, A level at highest for your technician course (2 years plus down the road) so no worries there, if you can do A level physics you'll be fine!

Back