• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windows XP to be retired in 2008

• Thread starter Thread starter mad_mo
  • Start date Start date
Just a couple of points.

I demobbed in 2004, at the time when Windows 2003 Server was replacing NT4SE on a certain RAF-wide system, which is a bit quicker than I expected (4 years, anyone?) but it was then still using Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint 97.

Read in Computer Active magazine about a month ago that MicroSoft would start to stop supporting XP (hard to believe it's 5 years old already) in 2009, ending in 2014.

I've had XP for only 2 years, previous PC had W95(!) but had Office 2000 (now on this PC).
Currently working in a large hospital which upgraded only last year from NT4 to W2003 Server with Office 2003.

Back