• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allowance review inbound...

R

Red Power Socket

Again according to the AVM, this decision was made by ministers. The MOD tried to make them aware of the impact this would have on personnel and were told that allowances were being reduced and cut across the whole government/public sector, and that the military was no acception. The ONLY allowance not to be reduced in some way or other is the op bonus. Oh, and he followed that by saying 'keep smiling' and doing that 2 handed point and wink thing like David Brent.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Again according to the AVM, this decision was made by ministers. The MOD tried to make them aware of the impact this would have on personnel and were told that allowances were being reduced and cut across the whole government/public sector, and that the military was no acception. The ONLY allowance not to be reduced in some way or other is the op bonus. Oh, and he followed that by saying 'keep smiling' and doing that 2 handed point and wink thing like David Brent.

C'mon put some flesh on your rumours....

It'll help pass the time...

HTD cancelled??

HTD cancelled??

rumour mill has started and that one of them is that HTD is gonna be cancelled, i personally find this would be ridiculous,i hope not as the 75 mile commute each day would certainly not be do-able,especially as the CONTRIBUTION the RAF provide a month dosent cover it as it is.

i just hope they have plans to build a lot of new rooms here @ a base in norfolk as i for one will be knockin straight on accomodations door!!

Dilbert

SAC
Seems OP was correct.

We're receiving a "time sensitive" brief tomorrow from our Staish before he goes off on a days AT... :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
rumour mill has started and that one of them is that HTD is gonna be cancelled, i personally find this would be ridiculous,i hope not as the 75 mile commute each day would certainly not be do-able,especially as the CONTRIBUTION the RAF provide a month dosent cover it as it is.

i just hope they have plans to build a lot of new rooms here @ a base in norfolk as i for one will be knockin straight on accomodations door!!

Careful you don't get trampled in the rush! Expect a queue!

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Rumours are great but with the formal announcement on the allowances review less than 24 hours away it might be worth keeping a lid on them for now.

C

cunningstunts666

Its real easy...don't panic, everyone who lives out put in a request for public housing (married quarter) when they can't provide one, rent them yours (which just happens to be on the market) and live in your house payin a lot less whilst the MOD pays off your mortgage...:PDT_Xtremez_30::PDT_Xtremez_30:

Woodja

Corporal
Unfortunately, those of us who bought a house using the LSAP scheme are not entitled to any public accomodation whilst assigned within 50 miles of it.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Rumours are great but with the formal announcement on the allowances review less than 24 hours away it might be worth keeping a lid on them for now.

And then no need for E-Goat - people thrive on rumours!

I mean, what else would we come on here for?

C

cunningstunts666

Sorry to hear that woodja....Seems to me like the RAF need a bit of union representation in the 21st century.....Just to set people straight a bit....:PDT_Xtremez_35:

C

chipper

Its real easy...don't panic, everyone who lives out put in a request for public housing (married quarter) when they can't provide one, rent them yours (which just happens to be on the market) and live in your house payin a lot less whilst the MOD pays off your mortgage...:PDT_Xtremez_30::PDT_Xtremez_30:

I didnt know that about 50 mile rule and not being entitled to public housing, thats bad news i thought when ya joined the RAF, ya had a so called home for life...yeah right. every perk of being inthe mob is slowly dwindling away, very sad times to be a serving member.

especially as jobless unwilling to work people sponge benefits left right nand centre.. countries gone mad

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
And then no need for E-Goat - people thrive on rumours!

I mean, what else would we come on here for?

Absolutely no argument there. I just think that with a subject as emotive as our allowances package and the fact that everyone will know the facts tomorrow morning, this would be a bad time to allow ourselves to be carried away by rumours which may or may not have any foundation.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Should you lose HTD, have you considered working from home for a few days a week? I find it a most refreshing change.

(....of course, its more suitable for stuff like avionics component bay work than being a Chef, say).

I've just checked my pay statement on JPA and my HTD for Jan has dropped by £60 compared to December and Octobers 31 day months ... a sign of things to come or just the usual admin c0ck up ?

Drill Bit

Sergeant
If I was in charge, I think I might increase personal contribution for HTD to say 3,6 and 9 miles staged over the next 3 years perhaps.

C

cunningstunts666

Don't know can't get on payslip at the mo says unexpected error..probably usual cock up of change allowances then tell eveyone later....Don't worry about us we haven't got bills to pay. Think I might cycle in tomorrow ...be in by 10 ish, bit of lunch then set off about 2ish for cycle home.....:PDT_Xtremez_06:

I think any removal of HTD would have to be gradual. It was cause outrage if it were to suddenly disappear....

The cynic inside me, feels maybe they will abolish HTD to ween down the numbers as the PVR rate would surely soar!

Back