• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allowance review inbound...

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I think LSA will be cut due to the Op Allowance, which will be seen as recompense for being somewhere not nice...

Will the bean counters see the need for LSA on a US det for instance?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
No mention at all of any 09.30 Thurs brief ref allowances here at the secret west midlands mushroom farm.

T

The Masked Geek

LOA clamped to the current Cpl level for all ranks and a single figure for all of Europe.

London weighting scrapped.

FIA chopped in half.

HTD gone.

GYH gone.

LSSA reduced (no more two bed houses for Cpls).

The list of predictions could go on...........

T

The Masked Geek

The info is already out at Stations. Why hold on to it? Surely we deserve to know before the public..........

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
LOA clamped to the current Cpl level for all ranks and a single figure for all of Europe.

London weighting scrapped.

FIA chopped in half.

HTD gone.

GYH gone.

LSSA reduced (no more two bed houses for Cpls).

The list of predictions could go on...........

OI!! Stop giving them ideas you lot!! :)

I meant that as a joke, but TBH I wouldn't be suprised if some top ender is reading these forums and thinking "that's a bloody brilliant idea!"... talk about preying on hopes and fears!

Woodja

Corporal
MWD you spoiled a really sensible post by including that one.:PDT_Xtremez_30:

With regards to the flat rate of DS - SP Pol have been wanting to do it for some time (it was briefed at the 2008 A1 Ops Conference that they were looking at it but knew they would have issues getting it past the powers that be)

N

NotAnIDOYet

With regards to the flat rate of DS - SP Pol have been wanting to do it for some time (it was briefed at the 2008 A1 Ops Conference that they were looking at it but knew they would have issues getting it past the powers that be)

Flat rate per location? Currently on a pre-OOA course somewhere Scandinavian and I can assure you that eating out is a LOT dearer than the UK, even if you wished to frequent the Golden Arches (they are seen as unhealthy and taxed accordingly!)

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Flat rate per location? Currently on a pre-OOA course somewhere Scandinavian and I can assure you that eating out is a LOT dearer than the UK, even if you wished to frequent the Golden Arches (they are seen as unhealthy and taxed accordingly!)[/QUOTE]

Are they? Or is it just that Scandanavia is fecking expensive? Maccy D's are normally priced in tune with the national economy that they are trading in (or so it seems).

BOING BOING

Really? Just thought I'd prepare for the worst. I mean what can they do on top of that.....sh1t can LOA! B0llocks, now i've said it. Anyway Top secret US/NATO base in Germany is closing in June, so who needs LOA anyway!

N

NotAnIDOYet

Flat rate per location? Currently on a pre-OOA course somewhere Scandinavian and I can assure you that eating out is a LOT dearer than the UK, even if you wished to frequent the Golden Arches (they are seen as unhealthy and taxed accordingly!)[/QUOTE]

Are they? Or is it just that Scandanavia is fecking expensive? Maccy D's are normally priced in tune with the national economy that they are trading in (or so it seems).

Off TopicBit of both I think - I was too wasted on expensive drink (at my expense, not the taxpayer I hasten to add) to pay too much attention!

Just heading out for dinner in downtown Gothenburg as we speak - should I spend all my daily allowance on dinner or should I just buy a sandwitch and give Auntie Lizzie most of her advance back?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
No Way

No Way

Flying pay to be reduced, not much need for pilots at the moment.

Entertainments Allowance cut, shouldn't be doing that these days.

Nurse pay spine cut, it's not like the NHS is going to be recruiting this year is it.

Get rid of stewards from the messes, we don't really need them on ops and civis are a lot cheaper.

IE come on it's nice but do we really need it, who'd miss it that much.

Get the Army home from Germany, that'll cut the LOA Bill, and boost the UK economy at the expense of the German one.

EU attendance allowances for officers, do they really need to be that generous.

Reduce Op allowance, it's not pensionable and allows the politicos to increase this keeping Jo Public ignorant to the rest of the cuts.

Leave alone allowances that are compensatory people shouldn't be disadvantaged.

One thing that can be certain, people who complain will be called moaners and that we should all be pulling together at this to tighten our belts, I think that a 25% cut in my pension at the time I need it is belt tightening enough thank you.

Back