• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allowance review inbound...

C

cunningstunts666

Think your right there matey...quality of life is what matters...not living in a dump like cartoon town:PDT_Xtremez_34:

The thing is, we've been s**t on year after year, but I still enjoy my job as an A TECH AV.

But the s**t keeps coming and coming. Eventually, as much as I love doing what I do, will have to think about sourcing different employment!

R

Red Power Socket

I think the threshold for distance from unit before you can start claiming HDT will be increased. That is all.

Snagsy

LAC
I think the threshold for distance from unit before you can start claiming HDT will be increased. That is all.

As someone just said they got a reduction in HDT, as opposed to HDT being removed completely, your hypothesis is more than likely to be incorrect.

I personally just think they have cut the rates again.

C

cunningstunts666

If they cut the rates , may have to re-evaluate the number of days I spend in work....:PDT_Xtremez_30:

R

Red Power Socket

What makes me say that? My interpretation only, on something that a certain 2 star said recently on a station vist/briefing day.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
As someone just said they got a reduction in HDT, as opposed to HDT being removed completely, your hypothesis is more than likely to be incorrect.

I think it more likely that GB has a common or garden pay issue. The JPA programmers will know even less about the allowances review than we do.

Snagsy

LAC
I think it more likely that GB has a common or garden pay issue. The JPA programmers will know even less about the allowances review than we do.

It must be the case that he had an error in his pay. Two different people who claim HTD in my workplace have just checked JPA and Januarys payslip shows the same as usual.

Hoorah!

Anyway, I would say that any changes would happen in April.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Here's my starter for 10....

GYH(EY) - Scrapped.
GHY(M) - Rates Cut.
HDT - Personal Contribution for SFA/SLA increased (currently 1 mile pc)
HDT - Personal Contribution for private increased with a view to eventually either phasing out or having a 20 mile pc.
HDT - No entitlement to claim if you move from SLA/SFA to private accom for personal reasons without being posted.
LOA - Slashed.
Disturbance Allowance - Cut. SLA rate abolished.
Day Subsistence - Reduced to a flat rate, with no receipts required. :PDT_Xtremez_30:
Incidental Expenses - Scrapped.

GYH(EY) - Scrapped.
GHY(M) - Rates Cut.
HDT - Personal Contribution for private increased with a view to eventually either phasing out or having a 20 mile pc.
HDT - No entitlement to claim if you move from SLA/SFA to private accom for personal reasons without being posted.
LOA - Slashed.
Day Subsistence - Reduced to a flat rate, with no receipts required. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

A good prediction. me thinks someone may have seen a signal passing through lol

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts

GYH(EY) - Scrapped.
GHY(M) - Rates Cut.
LOA - Slashed.

MWD you spoiled a really sensible post by including that one.:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Yeah same here, in for a 'read verbatum' brief first thing in the morning. Can't wait, last one of these I got to attend was from the Boss in St Mawgan about 8 years ago....

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
A good prediction. me thinks someone may have seen a signal passing through lol

I wish!

My comment about the flat rate is based on it being trialled (and working) on overseas exercises. Clearly an element of common sense would be needed to introduce that one, so it will not happen!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Rumours are great but with the formal announcement on the allowances review less than 24 hours away it might be worth keeping a lid on them for now.

Absolutely no argument there. I just think that with a subject as emotive as our allowances package and the fact that everyone will know the facts tomorrow morning, this would be a bad time to allow ourselves to be carried away by rumours which may or may not have any foundation.

It matters not what you think. People can post what the hell they like as long as it complies with the site rules. Its not your place to "suggest" people don't post rumours they've heard.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
It matters not what you think. People can post what the hell they like as long as it complies with the site rules. Its not your place to "suggest" people don't post rumours they've heard.

Spoken like a True Moderator!!!!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

GYH(EY) - Scrapped.
GHY(M) - Rates Cut.
LOA - Slashed.

Probably not far from the truth...

LSA is the one that interests me, thats turned into a nice little earner...

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts

I hadnt considered that one, on the grounds that it usually gets paid when you are in not-so-nice places. Granted, you also get it for the gucci dets, but with the potential loss/reduction of LOA & IE, allied to the reduced DS figure, a cut in LSA may be a step too far.

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!

Too true. They wouldn't try cutting that surely ... would they? No, surely to goodness not ...

MWD's predictions seem to make sense, I can see them happening.

Back