• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Promotion Gold Rush

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Personally I cant do anything about this year. I hit the board this time but I am unpostable as where I am is ringfenced until we go civvie. Unlucky but what can I do?
Thats why I havent rung to find out where I am etc etc.

Surely you cannot be disadvantaged because of the post you occupy, that sounds very harsh if true.

As for 42 releases, seems to go against what our guys have been told by our Wobbly.

Thats fair enough, I sympathise with you. It may well be that the figure 6 was an error and the 1st 6 month prediction is 60!!! It is true that the 1st 42 have been released trust me

T

tug716

whats a BTA???????

whats a BTA???????

whats a BTA???????whats a BTA???????whats a BTA???????
sorry if being stupid lol:PDT_Xtremez_19:

Looks like numbers 1, 6 & 22 have lucked in. Glad I chose that particular box of cornflakes, lucky me! Anyone 43 or over, fingers crossed Kelloggs are in a good mood.

As for the lad/lass that says he can't be promoted due to a posting ban, I find this very hard to believe. Lot of hype and tripe on here, my advice: Ring the drafter and hear it from the nags head!

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Once they release you from the Board, the numbering system goes out of the window. It's a case of people to fill posts and what suits who best.

I was 13 on the Board 2 years back and know people that were about 100 who got picked up before me.

They did give me an offer within the first 6 months as promised - exactly 6 months - and I was promoted 9 months after the Board was ratified.

Main reason was they had to post me and others were promoted in-situ. If you fill a post that is not rank specific (ie IPT, GE etc) then you generally get picked up sooner than if a physical move is req'd.

And before anyone mentions you don't get Cpls in IPTs or GE's - this is a generalisation.

Any clearer?

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Once they release you from the Board, the numbering system goes out of the window. It's a case of people to fill posts and what suits who best.

I was 13 on the Board 2 years back and know people that were about 100 who got picked up before me.

They did give me an offer within the first 6 months as promised - exactly 6 months - and I was promoted 9 months after the Board was ratified.

Main reason was they had to post me and others were promoted in-situ. If you fill a post that is not rank specific (ie IPT, GE etc) then you generally get picked up sooner than if a physical move is req'd.

And before anyone mentions you don't get Cpls in IPTs or GE's - this is a generalisation.

Any clearer?

Thanks for that, I think the only unclear thing is, some people have been told there is only 6 releases and others told 42 releases, guess its just the usual rumour machine in full effect.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Thanks for that, I think the only unclear thing is, some people have been told there is only 6 releases and others told 42 releases, guess its just the usual rumour machine in full effect.

The only person who will tell you that fact is the Drafter.

Ring them - always worked for me. (Open Door - best check the timings).

Can help you get the right job offer too. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Looks like numbers 1, 6 & 22 have lucked in. Glad I chose that particular box of cornflakes, lucky me! Anyone 43 or over, fingers crossed Kelloggs are in a good mood.

As for the lad/lass that says he can't be promoted due to a posting ban, I find this very hard to believe. Lot of hype and tripe on here, my advice: Ring the drafter and hear it from the nags head!

I said unpostable, not unpromotable. Slight difference to the posting ban you referred to!
We have no postings in and none out until PMA give the whole of SAR their postings out when it goes civvie.
Hopefully we may know by Sept/Oct as PMA are dealing with us all as a "oner", however, where I currently am is not going until around May/June next year.
My guess is lots of us will end up on Merlins (6 new ones coming in next year!) or Marham.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I said unpostable, not unpromotable. Slight difference to the posting ban you referred to!
We have no postings in and none out until PMA give the whole of SAR their postings out when it goes civvie.
Hopefully we may know by Sept/Oct as PMA are dealing with us all as a "oner", however, where I currently am is not going until around May/June next year.
My guess is lots of us will end up on Merlins (6 new ones coming in next year!) or Marham.

AHHHH That sounds much better Mr M !

Maybe it will all work out nicely for you, disestablished post with preferred posting or promotion, win win.... fingers crossed.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
AHHHH That sounds much better Mr M !

Maybe it will all work out nicely for you, disestablished post with preferred posting or promotion, win win.... fingers crossed.

:S I've already given up. I'll just accept wherever it is. I dont think I'll get promoted on this board anyway, maybe next year?

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..

This situation happened to me. I was caught out bey the closure of Coltishall. I missed out for 6 months due to no postings in or out of Coltishall and there was no rank ranging. People from the next board were promoted into posts on other stations before I was promoted in house.
It worked in reverse for other people as they were promoted early for the same reason....

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
This situation happened to me. I was caught out bey the closure of Coltishall. I missed out for 6 months due to no postings in or out of Coltishall and there was no rank ranging. People from the next board were promoted into posts on other stations before I was promoted in house.
It worked in reverse for other people as they were promoted early for the same reason....

I'd like to think that PMA take it all into account. If I miss out on this board and get picked on the next one its too late because I will already have been posted!
Mind you, I got my tapes 6 months late because PMA biffed up!:PDT_Xtremez_31:

The only person who will tell you that fact is the Drafter.

Ring them - always worked for me. (Open Door - best check the timings).

Can help you get the right job offer too. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

As I said, time to call is between 14:00 & 16:00. Phone numbers can be found by looking at the PMA site. I too have always got what I wanted after chatting to them. Don't forget JPA though, that's what the drafter will look at!

So whats exact numbers released

So whats exact numbers released

hi so does anyone know what exact numbers have been released? has anyone had there offers of promotion, just wondering as innsworth is right next to gloucster and its under water so is anyone at innsworth working or are they helping with the floods?

R

repmup

Cpl to Sgt rigger, Been told that I am getting my third by pma, done three years as a Cpl and just past 12 years as a rigger. I dont know where I was on the board as I did not think I was senior enough to be up there. Had 1 high rec and 2 spec recs, and no secondary duties by the way! first line all the way baby !

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Cpl to Sgt rigger, Been told that I am getting my third by pma, done three years as a Cpl and just past 12 years as a rigger. I dont know where I was on the board as I did not think I was senior enough to be up there. Had 1 high rec and 2 spec recs, and no secondary duties by the way! first line all the way baby !

Nice to see the assessment system has parity for all.

As for numbers, I believe they have around 40 used and 40 ish in the wings waiting............

decent postings

decent postings

Hi anyone got a good posting with there promotion from cpl to sgt rigger or is everyone off to marham lol

Back