• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Promotion Gold Rush

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Well for most of the chaps who are waiting and heard nothing yet it may be worth checking your JPA and course notifications , 1 lad found out he got his 3rd as his TMT2 dates were on JPA long before the Wobbly told him

Another note when you become A Tech M or X500d is there and different kinda boards or will you put on your original trade , kinda new thing happening now where you can be a sooty or a rigger ? Just wondering as nobody mentioned whats gonna happen in a few years when everyone Multidressed

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Well for most of the chaps who are waiting and heard nothing yet it may be worth checking your JPA and course notifications , 1 lad found out he got his 3rd as his TMT2 dates were on JPA long before the Wobbly told him

That's not unusual at the moment, unfortunately. We have had several people lately who have gone to the wobbly to tell him that they had logged onto JPA to find they were booked onto a JMLC/IMLC course.

Another note when you become A Tech M or X500d is there and different kinda boards or will you put on your original trade , kinda new thing happening now where you can be a sooty or a rigger ? Just wondering as nobody mentioned whats gonna happen in a few years when everyone Multidressed

I'm guessing, but I think you are already having joint promotion boards for mechs. Certainly a couple of guys who got their chief recently are only acting until they complete their cross-dressing induction package.

i know few lads that logged onto jpa and got x dress course and tmt2 dates but nothing about dates of promotion and where there off to. Raf slow time as usual lol

Boomerang

LAC
God knows how they work it out....off of last years board I was 8 away from my mate who was posted and promoted but stayed at ISL (March '07)

I found out 3 weeks ago that Ive got me third and posted to 111Sqn beginning of October...........8 places in just over 6 months.....chicken bones me thinks.

I aint complaining but I get the impression that no-one has a clue how the mysterious PMA work.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
God knows how they work it out....off of last years board I was 8 away from my mate who was posted and promoted but stayed at ISL (March '07)

I found out 3 weeks ago that Ive got me third and posted to 111Sqn beginning of October...........8 places in just over 6 months.....chicken bones me thinks.

I aint complaining but I get the impression that no-one has a clue how the mysterious PMA work.

It varies on the number of boards they sit. Rigger Cpl-Sgt sat the end of June so you probably got selected from that one.
As I said earlier they are using about 40 at first with another 40 ish to go from maybe Oct onwards.
It can obviously take a while to get through the list and actually get people to accept the postings etc.

From what I said on a previous post. We are currently locked in post here. We had 2 people posted out by PMA and the station engineering management had em stopped. So what happens if you get selected off a promotion board? Promotion in post? If not then what happens? What about the next board next year. We'll already have had our postings by then so will we potentially be missed?

i know 3/4 lads in the top 25 (one of them is no1) off this years board in june, they have x dress course and tmt2 dates but no actual promotion dates. it just seems the raf keeps them waiting is this raf wide or just the norm lol.

M

monobrow

i know 3/4 lads in the top 25 (one of them is no1) off this years board in june, they have x dress course and tmt2 dates but no actual promotion dates. it just seems the raf keeps them waiting is this raf wide or just the norm lol.

This happened to me. Had TMT and JMLC dates but no promotion notification...

After a great deal of hassling the shiney types on my Sqn, I was told that JPA can do straight postings ok, but when it comes to promotions, it won't flag up until the offer of promotion has been signed by all, returned to PSF and then PMA action it on JPA.

Had been told I've got me tapes though.......

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
If I recall, there is a time limit imposed now/coming in on completing your cross dressing course or you dont get to keep your promotion.

Is that correct TBJ?

Anyway, there cant be that many left to the multi skilling can there?

PTR Hoar

Sergeant
i've just logged on to jpa and i'm booked on a JMLC course but so signs of when i'm actually promoted...wibble!

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
i've just logged on to jpa and i'm booked on a JMLC course but so signs of when i'm actually promoted...wibble!

good news you been promoted \o/

congratz heheheheh

If you a rigger and asked for ISK then let me know heheheheheh we needing a new third seagull

T

Tarquin

I Logged onto JPA last week and found my TMT course dates on there. I spoke to the drafter who told me I was 29th on the board and I am promoted and posted to aldergrove on 12th November:PDT_Xtremez_25:. I asked the drafter about a sooty slot on my sqn thats about to come up but he said that even though I am X500 I am still a rigger and can't take a sooty slot until all the RAF are X500!! 5 years on Typhoon and they post me to a Flying minibus!******

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I Logged onto JPA last week and found my TMT course dates on there. I spoke to the drafter who told me I was 29th on the board and I am promoted and posted to aldergrove on 12th November:PDT_Xtremez_25:. I asked the drafter about a sooty slot on my sqn thats about to come up but he said that even though I am X500 I am still a rigger and can't take a sooty slot until all the RAF are X500!! 5 years on Typhoon and they post me to a Flying minibus!******

Congrats. And to anyone else who has got their 3rd.
Welcome to the goat Tarquin btw.................:PDT_Xtremez_30: .

worthers

LAC
Has anyone heard how the Fairy Cpl to Sgt board has gone? There are usually a few people who get a bit of insider info! My contact took redundancy

S

STEALTHVIFFER

Have heard that promotion in trade group 1 is on temporary hold until they sort out all the moves (CMU/SAR/WYTON). Any one heard or been told different ?

H

hobbes22

Hi anyone got a good posting with there promotion from cpl to sgt rigger or is everyone off to marham lol

I've been lucky enough to stay at Waddo, Moved from 51 to SMS. Have only been at Waddington a year though, so PMA Were very helpful in this case. I was 25th on the board.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Anybody seen or heard any figures to confirm the last few years promotion rush is grinding to a halt ?

Eng Tech A in particular.

Seems I may well have been correct, fingers crossed for all the lads sweating on promotion.

sinnick

LAC
Promotion standstill

Promotion standstill

I am told by PMA that all Eng Tech P Cpl-Sgt promotions are on an indefinate hold.

No forecast until the next financial year/ SAR/Leeming/Leuchars drawdowns.

The board sat and did the PSL in the summer, still no sooty corporals have been promoted.(as of 20 Dec 07).

At least they are ****ing off the younger thrusters in favour of extending the 22 year cpls to 25 years and the sgts/chiefs from 30 years to 33 LOS.

Not bitter though!!

Back