• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Promotion Gold Rush

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
They released 40 last summer, have they not promoted anybody since ?

I cant remember to be honest.
I think it was 40 odd for the 1st 6months and then apparently 40 odd for the next 6 months.
It would appear that they didnt get to 80 something as a mate didnt get his like he thought he would.

Lets be honest though, its a lottery!

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I cant remember to be honest.
I think it was 40 odd for the 1st 6months and then apparently 40 odd for the next 6 months.
It would appear that they didnt get to 80 something as a mate didnt get his like he thought he would.

Lets be honest though, its a lottery!

Agreed, I know somebody who was In the top 10, he is a complete retard, I have never in all my years of knowing him heard anybody say a positive word about him.

There must be some upset people out there after the prediction of 99 for the year was announced.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Agreed, I know somebody who was In the top 10, he is a complete retard, I have never in all my years of knowing him heard anybody say a positive word about him.

There must be some upset people out there after the prediction of 99 for the year was announced.

Creative assessment wording seems to get absolute chods promoted miles past their miniscule abilities, not just to JNCO, seems to work to SNCO and beyond too.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Creative assessment wording seems to get absolute chods promoted miles past their miniscule abilities, not just to JNCO, seems to work to SNCO and beyond too.

Its a sorry fact, it happens in every trade and every rank. While there is a system of appraisals in place this will never change. Other than the trades that are blessed with promotion exams the rest of us just enter a lottery.

T

Tubby

they should do like the army and have a proper selective nco course where all prospective nco go for training and assessments (not jmlc etc), they cover all their basic skills plus the ones they will need as an nco, it last longer than ours do and thats just for just getting to a lance jack but it weeds out the tossers, blaggers and the useless. my brother in-law failed (thankfullywanker ) his course for being a lazy cnut after hurting his ribs and trying to blag the rest of it. obviously they want strong leaders in the infantry and generally get it. the other good thing is it tells them thier weakness' aswell so they can improve.
although i hate the army mentality thats entering the RAF at the moment i think this would be a good way of getting a better class of nco's and then ultimately happier chappies.

back on topic though, i have heard nothing new only the mixed trade boards which has been said

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Often, purely in my own experience, the people who bleat most about the "system" are often the very fukwits who don't deserve promotion. I mean have you ever met a fukwit/tw@t/useless tradesman who has ever admitted to being such? No.

And purely to clarify this is not directed at anybody who has thus far posted on this thread, just my opinion.

Often, purely in my own experience, the people who bleat most about the "system" are often the very fukwits who don't deserve promotion. I mean have you ever met a fukwit/tw@t/useless tradesman who has ever admitted to being such? No.

And purely to clarify this is not directed at anybody who has thus far posted on this thread, just my opinion.

I agree......
There is a lot of JT's who have been undeservedly overlooked for promotion which is a crying shame, but I reckon there is jalso a lot who have been deliberatly missed out basically because there fcuking useless! and bloody hell do they go on about how the system is screwing them etc.........and as I listen I think ..........hmmmmmmmmmm :PDT_Xtremez_42:

T

Tubby

completely agree downsizer, wont affect quite yet so i cant grumble about it yet but paople for years have siad how losers or mongs where given brilliant 6000's to get them promoted and posted off when a person fit for the job lost it just to get rid of a tool. the report might get them on the course but the army system takes away all impartiality so if they are a mong they will get found out. from what i have heard of our courses they same cant always be said. either way it has no baring on the apparent halt to promotions and hopefully people will get answers soon enough

I look like Bruce Willis

I Suck Like George Michael
completely agree downsizer, wont affect quite yet so i cant grumble about it yet but paople for years have siad how losers or mongs where given brilliant 6000's to get them promoted and posted off when a person fit for the job lost it just to get rid of a tool. the report might get them on the course but the army system takes away all impartiality so if they are a mong they will get found out. from what i have heard of our courses they same cant always be said. either way it has no baring on the apparent halt to promotions and hopefully people will get answers soon enough

With English like your's it is unlikely you will ever be promoted to NCO rank.

T

Tubby

seped of the cut bkacs brucy boy i dbuot trehe wlil be any solts to tkae.

hope you see what i did their

Back