• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Promotion Gold Rush

davie77

LAC
Well the Gold rush is officially at an end, I just read the last boards that were Ratified and promotion in 75 % of trades is Nil including us techies..Very poor.... I sense we are heading back to the late 80's early 90's when it was last this bad..... Add that on top of how poor service life is now and it is no wonder PVR is at an all time high

tubbyj

LAC
shrinking airforce

shrinking airforce

The reason we have been told that promotions have halted as of the 1st of november is that with the end of SAR and 25sqn there are loads of bodies to post from these bits first. So until these chaps have had there choice of posting nobodys getting promoted even if that means gapping NCO and SNCo posts till after the 1st Apr. When allegedely everything will be back to normal!! whatever that is.

:PDT_Xtremez_21:

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I wasn't aware you got a choice of posting as such when they disestablish the one your in. I'd have thought they whould just carry on with the promotion boards as they are and post people when they become available into the next slot, that's what they seemed to do when Colt shut. I was told by the drafter he had 3 available slots at the time I was posted and sort of given a choice between them but there was no way he was holding a slot for me at the place I really wanted to go to until I became available.

Last edited:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I wasn't aware you got a choice of posting as such when they disestablish the one your in. I'd have thought they whould just carry on with the promotion boards as they are and post people when they become available into the next slot, that's what they seemed to do when Colt shut. I was told by the drafter he had 3 available slots at the time I was promoted and sort of given a choice between them but there was no way he was holding a slot for me at the place I really wanted to go to until I became available.

We have just submitted our JPA dream sheets and are waiting to see where we are posted. It isnt a choice of posting by no means.

I think they are holding promotion off until they know what slots are available after the entire SAR fleet of engineers are posted. They also have to take into account the fact some of us are being posted just before the next board, so potentially we could be disadvantaged and miss out on promotion.

S

STEALTHVIFFER

Looking at the PMA website and noticed the first techie board sitting at the new home is for riggers sgts to chiefs (i'm a different trade!!). Anyone heard anything from it? Are they releasing numbers etc or is promotion still on hold ?

davie77

LAC
It's All Over

It's All Over

Yep the Promotion Rush is officially over, just check the fugures from the last 2 Chief Clerks Bulletins. The February one was released this week.

worthers

LAC
I spoke to PMA/ACOS manning last week, Fairy Cpl to Sgt 10 were released straight away but some of those 10 are just getting placed now. Mid to end of next month more will be released and they are hoping to fulfill the quota 120 was the original figure but you can usually take 30 off that number. I hope this helps answer some questions. SAC to Cpl originally was a prediction of 0 in the first 6 months but are releasing 25 and hope to get to 125.

worthers

LAC
Update from ACOS manning today released upto 31 and don't expect to go much more than that. Joint AV/AE Cpl/Sgt board to sit in June/July time. I hope i haven't given too much bad news.::/:

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Update from ACOS manning today released upto 31 and don't expect to go much more than that. Joint AV/AE Cpl/Sgt board to sit in June/July time. I hope i haven't given too much bad news.::/:

Hmmmm I didn't realise multi skilled boards were due to sit any time soon, I wonder how the non X annotated folk will fare...

worthers

LAC
Don't know how a multi skilled board will work if you have some guys X500 and some not. I personally have been X500 since 2004 but some guys i know who did their course around the same time are still no where near completing their IP. The question should be will they look at that or will they they just ignore it (probably the latter).

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
The rigger board I mentioned in June is actually a joint board, for riggers and sooties or ATechM's or heavies or whatever we are now called!

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Latest gen on the ATM cpl-sgt board is 40 for the 1st 6 months and then 44 for the next 6. Thats 84 in total for what was effectively 2 trades!
Sits early June.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Was that some inside info or off the ACOS manning website ?
Are you in the bracket ?

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Does anybody know how many they finally promoted off the last rigger Cpl-Sgt board ?

Back