• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG3/11 Amalgamation - Is It Working??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
mad_collie said:
Or - the the flock out of dodge & earn some real money as a tradesman :PDT_Xtremez_28: (not long til pension . . )

Slightly Off Topic

When I leave I`m staying in the communications buisness. Complete with my issue black and white cat........

I know your all hummin the tune........

Last edited:
T

The Masked Geek

no-ones_princess said:
and Off Topic again.

I knew someone would mention postmen wallets and peanuts convo's go in only two ways postmen and biscuits. One minute you are discussing the motherboard of some random piece of equipment and some one says fcuk this for a jammie dodger or fcuk this I am off to be a post man.

Wallets and Peanuts also can't have a brew without the mention of biscuits. Everytime I appear at the hatch there is a biscuit convo going on. We go for a pint biscuits and postmen. I discussed marraige once with my X he swore he would rather get married in a postmans uniform than his uniform. So regardless of the convo its postmen and biscuits.

Is this what Cosford teaches you now???

WTF????? Lost me there no-one's:PDT_Xtremez_35:

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
no-ones_princess said:
and Off Topic again.

I knew someone would mention postmen wallets and peanuts convo's go in only two ways postmen and biscuits. One minute you are discussing the motherboard of some random piece of equipment and some one says fcuk this for a jammie dodger or fcuk this I am off to be a post man.

Wallets and Peanuts also can't have a brew without the mention of biscuits. Everytime I appear at the hatch there is a biscuit convo going on. We go for a pint biscuits and postmen. I discussed marraige once with my X he swore he would rather get married in a postmans uniform than his uniform. So regardless of the convo its postmen and biscuits.

Is this what Cosford teaches you now???

Doesn't get much more Off Topic than that.

Cant remember many postmen or biscuits at Locking (where real techies come from), blart and beer - loads:PDT_Xtremez_28:

no-ones_princess said:
It was not that off topic. Me not start it. Why am I always in trouble. No one else is always in bother only me. grrrrrrrrrr.

He hehehe I love wallets and peanuts (not at the same time LOL) your all an and gate or two short of a circuit. *wink* Its ok I am a few sausage rolls short of a buffet myself.

I Know where your coming from, being inside the Commcen with the Amscerp does get to you. Get the emergency distruction kit and give that AMSCERP a wack!

M

MACC LAD

the last tg 3 tech i worked with licked his soldering iron and and tongue swelled to size of a peach yeah you tg3 are all weally weally clever.....

mad_collie

monksie said:
the last tg 3 tech i worked with licked his soldering iron and and tongue swelled to size of a peach yeah you tg3 are all weally weally clever.....

That will have been a TC . . . they are not used to clever stuff like soldering irons :PDT_Xtremez_32:

O

oldhamboy1967

mad_collie said:
That will have been a TC . . . they are not used to clever stuff like soldering irons :PDT_Xtremez_32:

You're all the same now, we haven't had ADs, TCs or AFs for donkeys years... :PDT_Xtremez_28:

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
oldhamboy1967 said:
You're all the same now, we haven't had ADs, TCs or AFs for donkeys years... :PDT_Xtremez_28:

I beg to differ, I was never re-trained until assimilation at Tosford in March 2006.

They can write what they want on my F4820 but I`m an AD.

O

oldhamboy1967

Jeez, where were you hiding? I can remember it all happening when I was at Ay Nik and we took deliver of our first AF in to a TC post on my watch in 94.

mad_collie

oldhamboy1967 said:

I think you will find that we are all 'stills' - especially the JAFADs :PDT_Xtremez_14:

T

The-Dark-One

no-ones_princess said:
It was not that off topic. Me not start it. Why am I always in trouble. No one else is always in bother only me. grrrrrrrrrr.

He hehehe I love wallets and peanuts (not at the same time LOL) your all an and gate or two short of a circuit. *wink* Its ok I am a few sausage rolls short of a buffet myself.

Off Topic Advance warning to skip if u want. Off Topic
Nah its not just you P, no-one understands TDO either, think my humour is too cutting for a lot of these grandads that have just discovered the net!

Too many old snecs that don't like to hear a contrary opinion or can't think quickly enough to counter my vicious rapier thrusts.

Anyway, get some work done you lot sat at your desks! None of you deserve high pay band to sit on Egoat all day... (I'm at home so I'm allowed)

T

The-Dark-One

oldhamboy1967 said:

Cough!! Obviously not a techy....

K

kandebeach

As a TG3 bloke for (cough) years, the amalgamation between us & our peanut brethren is somewhat disconcerting.

At the moment, all the lads/lases employed in the section are all TG3. However, I have heard rumblings about TG11 bods posted into ex TG3 slots that are not up to the task.

Is this true??

And similarly, are there any TG3 bods posted into TG11 slots that can't cut the mustard???

AND the next trade to be brought into the TG4 bretheren are the Aerial Riggers - We'll all have to learn to work for a living..........

R

referee806

As a TG3 bloke for (cough) years, the amalgamation between us & our peanut brethren is somewhat disconcerting.

At the moment, all the lads/lases employed in the section are all TG3. However, I have heard rumblings about TG11 bods posted into ex TG3 slots that are not up to the task.

Is this true??

And similarly, are there any TG3 bods posted into TG11 slots that can't cut the mustard???

This is maybe true, however, what about all the TG3 lads/lassies that have been posted into IM slots, thus not allowing us proper IM's to continue on their rather nice overseas slot, due to the fact that there is nolonger any IM'S slots due to the fact that they are now manned by TG3, hence a posting on promotion back to the place that wears greens, AGAIN!!

What comes around goes around. I can honestly say that we would never be employed in an engineering role, you are the experts in that field, however, as a managerial role, you need to know what your lad/lassies are doing, not necessarily how to fix it. That in essence is what our part of the trade is all about.

Also whilst we are on the point of commcens, they are a dying breed, most of the commcens are now civvy run or Serco, and with the implementation of DII, we will all be out of a job.

Don't also get this image that all TG11 are thick, (mad-collie, I know that you never mentioned this, or inferred it), remember my dear TG3,

That without the monkey (As was pointed out in one of these threads), the Organ Grinder would go fukcing hungry!!:PDT_Xtremez_25:

3Chordwonder

I'm the only TG3 in my section, all the rest are assimilated TG11's. Although they are probably way more IT literate than me, you try and get the feckers to sign for tools twice a day and keep the workshop tidy.......:PDT_Xtremez_25:

It's the basics they lack.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
Boll**ks, who do you think signs for the Crypto daily, this is more important than a few tools!!

Depends where you are...try explaining that the big smoking hole in the ground is there cos you thought a few bits of paper were more important!! I've signed for both but I think the difference is that we would actually check before we sign.
I have been in a lot more situations where the witchhunt begins once someone realises a bit of paper was missing or has lost out to a fight with mr shredder a week before, than a missing screwdriver?

To slightly misquote you.
TG 3 techy is more important than a few TG4 tools!
:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Meathead

LAC
Im a peanut, in an IM job, but with Techs around me doing tech jobs (pretty much the same as it was before!). Problems? Not one! (it certainly helps that we just talk Rugby a lot!) we all know what each other can do, and if we need help we ask each other, other than that we just get on with it........not hard is it.???
I admit it does help that we have all known each other a long time, so we have not just been thrown in the deep end.

However, Im not a tech, dont pretend to be one..dont want to be one. That is why I am an IM.....am i missing something?

Couple of thoughts about OMs coming out of Tossford. The ones that I have seen so far are switched on cookies and not some of the dross which both TG3 and 11 have had to put up with previously!

These guys are the future, and in, say, 10 years time no fcuker is going to give a toss about the miserable old ex TG3/11 deadwood holding up promotion for them, while still having bunfights about the good old days

Appreciate that this will not be universally popular but (in my view!) its 'get with programme or pick up your football and go home in a huff'

And before any one has a dig, i apologise for posting in your forum whilst i am but a mere peanut!!

Last edited:

mad_collie

Just as well you put that last comment in meathead.

Referee806, take it to fight club if you have a problem, we keep the techies (mostly) out of your place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back