• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG4 4 Year Cease of Promotion

I

INT ZBZ

I had a discussion with the desk last week following the advert asking for Cpl/Sgt CIS IM's to apply for upto 3 years continuance of service.

They don't want anyone, however, if you apply, which you are allowed to do under QR 572(?), they will board it.

The trade is undermanned but as jobs are going and people leave the numbers will come back up which is why the continuance of service should not have been advertised on the PMA website or by Wg Cdr Radcliffe who was touring stns telling you to apply!

As for promotions, I was told the planned 19 CIS Tech promotions were not going to happen and of the 34 planned CIS IM promotions it is likely only 5 will be released.

As you all know that probably changed as soon as I put the phone down !!

On the brightside I only have 85 working days to go.

I think that the critism that KW is coming under is slightly unfair. He has 3 more tiers of rank above him that make the decisions. The TG3 sponsor must take alot of you TG3 flak as he sat on his arse and let your trade go down the pan. KW was very proactive for our trade.

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
I think that the critism that KW is coming under is slightly unfair. He has 3 more tiers of rank above him that make the decisions. The TG3 sponsor must take alot of you TG3 flak as he sat on his arse and let your trade go down the pan. KW was very proactive for our trade.

As has been mentioned a few time before, the TG3 sponsor slot was gapped when all this was in the planning stage, it was more or less a done deal by the time KC got the job.

Mate, i'm sorry i have to disagree, he came in at a critical stage and still have got something better out of it for you lot, KW is still part of a larger command chain which ends at 1 star level, that is where the decisions were taken mate.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
Are you him????

Are you him????

Mate, i'm sorry i have to disagree, he came in at a critical stage and still have got something better out of it for you lot, KW is still part of a larger command chain which ends at 1 star level, that is where the decisions were taken mate.

Still doesn't excuse his 'tough sh1t' attitude and defience to listen to any of the constructive comments made at the roadshows.

I still can't believe you think you got a good deal.
You sit in a comcen answering phones still and some have to actually work for a living. More out of areas for you especially if you will only be 70% manned. So you got a pay rise...well done.

Morning

Morning

Its all nice a lovely here isnt it , nice to see the normal Tg 3 and 11 banter is alive and well , they may take our jobs from us but never our history. As for promotion board , been told that for CIS Techs its nil to minor trickle promotion for 4 years , for IM its as per normal . Only prob I have and im sure a lot of guys have is quite a few IMs seem to be getting promoted after only 3 assesments as Cpls and read the presidents report which painted a very bad picture for the trade which them asking why people were getting high recs after only two years in the rank ? A couple of CIS Techs have been given their 3rd after 3 assesments ( i know the assesments of one of the guys , Rec then high rec then spec rec ?!?!?? in 3 years wtf ) . I am also a tech who has helped out in commcens with the odd channel checks and filing of signals etc . Its not all that hard :pDT_Xtremez_14:

M

MACC LAD

Its all nice a lovely here isnt it , nice to see the normal Tg 3 and 11 banter is alive and well , they may take our jobs from us but never our history. As for promotion board , been told that for CIS Techs its nil to minor trickle promotion for 4 years , for IM its as per normal . Only prob I have and im sure a lot of guys have is quite a few IMs seem to be getting promoted after only 3 assesments as Cpls and read the presidents report which painted a very bad picture for the trade which them asking why people were getting high recs after only two years in the rank ? A couple of CIS Techs have been given their 3rd after 3 assesments ( i know the assesments of one of the guys , Rec then high rec then spec rec ?!?!?? in 3 years wtf ) . I am also a tech who has helped out in commcens with the odd channel checks and filing of signals etc . Its not all that hard :pDT_Xtremez_14:

when was that then 5-6 yrs ago, yes and we still use trends as well !!!

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
Question. If an ex tg3 Cpl who`s close on his 3rd. volunteered to go IM would that have any bearing? And I`m hoping some Shiney`s will read this and chip in.

Question. If an ex tg3 Cpl who`s close on his 3rd. volunteered to go IM would that have any bearing? And I`m hoping some Shiney`s will read this and chip in.

was informed by My sqn ldr that i would then be a IM for life ?!?!? asked the question why when i was qualified to do both , his answer was that i would have to remuster to IM so i said i thought we were all the same trade so why remuster ?!?!? to be answered by a blank look .

Interesting point, i'm sure promotion wise it would only make his chances better in this current climate, but would any of you TG3 actually want to move across??

That answers one of the questions, say you did move across and was welcomed into the bossum of the IM world you couldn't go back, but i'm sure you will (and rightly) always consider youself at tech, so the exercise is futile.

That answers one of the questions, say you did move across and was welcomed into the bossum of the IM world you couldn't go back, but i'm sure you will (and rightly) always consider youself at tech, so the exercise is futile.

yeah you may always be considered a tech but i would actually want to do the tech job i joined up and was trained to do .

Understood mate, that is why i think that none of you want to move across, do you think the promotion thing will lead to a mass exodus or will they stick it out

frien_dd

LAC
WO trade sponsor said that if an SAC Tech was to go to SAC Op they would have to take a pay cut.

So I cant see SAC Techs moving across.

I stand corrected that if a SAC Tech moved accross they wouldnt take a pay cut .

"Just Info"
Also these new OM's coming through at the moment were told that they would have the option to go the Tech route, after 18months on shopfloor. But after another meeting, they have been told that only 50 of the 100's of new OM's will have the opportunity, also that 18 months is coming up and there isnt a course ready for them. (They have been sold duff gen I wonder if they could take some sort of legal action, if they wanted to)

I stand corrected that if a SAC Tech moved accross they wouldnt take a pay cut .

"Just Info"
Also these new OM's coming through at the moment were told that they would have the option to go the Tech route, after 18months on shopfloor. But after another meeting, they have been told that only 50 of the 100's of new OM's will have the opportunity, also that 18 months is coming up and there isnt a course ready for them. (They have been sold duff gen I wonder if they could take some sort of legal action, if they wanted to)

there is no OM to cis tech course and the OM to IM course is only 3 weeks but still hasnt been written yet .

Understood mate, that is why i think that none of you want to move across, do you think the promotion thing will lead to a mass exodus or will they stick it out

not sure , think most people will stick it out to get to 22 years for their pension ( well the people in the same boat as myself , 5 years to 22 , 6/7 years as a cpl ) lots of the ex tg 3 sgts are pvring

frien_dd

LAC
there is no OM to cis tech course and the OM to IM course is only 3 weeks but still hasnt been written yet .

After speaking to the newbies they informed me that they were told they have the option of either route
Tech
IM

What are 2 correct routes then?

That's ****e for them i feel sorry for them, they were sold a trade were they could choose, i thought that would be the case, no offence to them, they were suppose to be rotated every 6 months so when they arrived on unit they were always going to no use to our manning figures as we couldn't depend on them to stay.