• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allowance review inbound...

clungemobile

Corporal
Why don't they just reduce everything by 25% and save 200 odd million in one fell swoop...then tinker with other allowances like IE and HTD....ah well not long to wait..

anyone lend me a fiver for my bus fare? :PDT_Xtremez_14:

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
If I was in charge, I think I might increase personal contribution for HTD to say 3,6 and 9 miles staged over the next 3 years perhaps.

if that were the case I'm in SFA which i was put in 7.5 miles from work. if they want to bin HTD or increase the personal contribution then they can move me to the patch opposite camp. (and i ain't paying for it)

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
That's what I'm saying, there's lots of wild speculation on here, then you get that highly specific post..........just makes you think.

Well we are the RAFs premier unofficial rumour network after all. You'd almost expect rumours....from the wildly inaccurate to awesome lucky guess.

C

CC

Well we are the RAFs premier unofficial rumour network after all. You'd almost expect rumours....from the wildly inaccurate to awesome lucky guess.

Yeah, and tomorrow he'll be on here saying, "I told you so", :PDT_Xtremez_30:

clungemobile

Corporal
I've heard that all allowances will be increased by over 200 % in an effort to reduce the size of the RAF, when people leave coz they just have too much dosh!:S

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Please feel free to express rumours ladies and gents but if you have seen sight of the details keep it to yourselves as we dont want the site dissapearing because someone wanted to look important because they knew before others :)

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
To align themselves more closely with civilian companies the RAF will no longer care where you live, or how you travel, but only that you get to work on time so HTD is scrapped in toto. Similarly where your kids go to school is of no interest to the company so boarding school allowance joins the Harrier in the history books. They also won't be bothered what your other half does for a job. Well this a rumour site and as Downsizer says some rumours could be widely inaccurate.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
To align themselves more closely with civilian companies the RAF will no longer care where you live, or how you travel, but only that you get to work on time so HTD is scrapped in toto. Similarly where your kids go to school is of no interest to the company so boarding school allowance joins the Harrier in the history books. They also won't be bothered what your other half does for a job. Well this a rumour site and as Downsizer says some rumours could be widely inaccurate.

If that happens it will take up a good chunk of the 25%.

Kickstart

LAC
if that were the case I'm in SFA which i was put in 7.5 miles from work. if they want to bin HTD or increase the personal contribution then they can move me to the patch opposite camp. (and i ain't paying for it)

Couldn't agree more. If they don't have the SFA at the camp your posted to then you shouldn't be out of pocket.
Just because they wanted to flog a load of quarters when the market was good.

Alternative solution: I will be waiting outside my front door for MT every morning. :PDT_Xtremez_35:

According to HofC documents, amount paid by Annington Homes was £1,662m for some 57,000 properties, about £29,000 each. The proceeds from the sale of SFQ goes to Annington homes NOT the government.

Sorry for the correction but think it needs to be pointed out.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Top Tip. Don't be buying a nice shiney BMW on back of your LOA even if you survive on the higher pay band!!!!

Saw a few muppets fall into that kind of trap before when they forked out on shiney new motors paid for by NI pay at a secert radar station south east of Belfast. Only to be posted back to the mainland lots of months before they where due tourex due to the place being shut suddenly.

feckinG RANT

Corporal
Couldn't agree more. If they don't have the SFA at the camp your posted to then you shouldn't be out of pocket.
Just because they wanted to flog a load of quarters when the market was good.

Alternative solution: I will be waiting outside my front door for MT every morning. :PDT_Xtremez_35:

The camp in question does have SFA. Some of it is walking distance from the camp gates, the mainstay is about 6 miles away, with one patch being around 7.5. Can't see how you could increase personal contribution fairly using this as an example, unless the camp (or similar camps) were given some sort of dispensation.

Back