• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATM Cpl to Sgt promotion moving fast....

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Well, I've done one thing for you. I told MPGS that although it was shoot on sight policy... they should maybe just shoot you in the leg or wing you a bit!:PDT_Xtremez_25::PDT_Xtremez_30:

HTB

Off TopicDon't shoot him in the leg he won't be able to run any half marathons.............Oh wait!!!!!!!!!Off Topic

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Number 86 has been given his promotion. Clearly they are going to run into 100's before the next board.

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Rig pig our wobbly phoned up and that's gen. We got two lads Very close to offer. Either people are turning it down or there is a shortage of mech sncos.

Any updates on this? And does anyone know if these 80ish already released are as a result of normal flow, or from gaps created by the redundancy programmme?

In other words, will this level continue through the year, or have we seen the year's full quota through already?

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
The only way anyone gets promoted is through a gapped posting, I hope that people keep posting on here when they know someone has got it so that we can see if it continues.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Anybody know where its upto at the mo, I have one lad I did assesments for last year in the low 100's just interested to see if he will get it.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Holy sh!t! Are we now promoting beyond the 100th best SAC(T)?

The thread title refers to Cpl/Sgt promotions! I guess that whilst that will affect SAC's it not a given that matching numbers of them will get their tapes. Could be wrong and often am these days.

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Holy sh!t! Are we now promoting beyond the 100th best SAC(T)?

well not beyond Sac(t) but maybe Cpl-Sgt now that every decent aspect and perk of the mammoth amount of training we go through has been eroded ?
that's why we are all leaving or are planning to jump ship to the civvie world.
Am i waiting for the jump to SNCO ? Am i fcuk I'm taking what i can and I'm off :PDT_Xtremez_30:

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
The thread title refers to Cpl/Sgt promotions! I guess that whilst that will affect SAC's it not a given that matching numbers of them will get their tapes. Could be wrong and often am these days.

Ooops!

After I'd posted this, I had a look at how many SAC(T) posts there were, and actually getting to 100+ would mean a 1:14 (ish) ratio, which is pretty harsh.

However, if we are promoting the 100th best JNCO, then the promotion ratio will be probably around 1:5, which is pretty scary!

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Ooops!

After I'd posted this, I had a look at how many SAC(T) posts there were, and actually getting to 100+ would mean a 1:14 (ish) ratio, which is pretty harsh.

However, if we are promoting the 100th best JNCO, then the promotion ratio will be probably around 1:5, which is pretty scary!

The "100th best" is still an A grade, walking on water, and probably been a cpl for 5 or more years, whats scary about that?

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
That there's 99 better in his rank & trade.

That's what slow promotion does for you.

I am pretty sure we are not up to 100. One of my Cpls (who is very good and has been ready for promotion for a good few years) has just been picked up. I think he was high 60's.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
It cant be that bad. A quick check on the Ground Trades Position Register on the Intranet showed that there are about 1450 SAC(T) posts, about 1030 Cpl posts and just over 800 Sgt posts, with a mere 300 or so Chf Tech Posts.

Not much of a pyramid IMHO, and that is why you still see Cpls sweeping the hangar floor whilst complaining about the lack of supervisory opportunities.

118 so far.....

118 so far.....

Yes I have heard that too, being in the 100-200 bracket myself. (Cpl on 6 years assessments, 3 years A Grade) The promotion will now be reviewed on a month by month basis until the end of the period.Its about time we had numbers promoted as it has been so slow since it became a dual board for Sooties and Riggers.

Max

Sergeant
Unfortunately I expect a flood this time round then a return to the trickle of before... Never mind eh always another 2 tranches to go,, surely if they're promoting that many they can't want any more from us??

Back