• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATM Cpl to Sgt promotion moving fast....

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Yeah still taking up to a year for TMT2 as well. I know somebody on 159, she might get an offer very shortly and was not expecting it

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Clearly they have had a lot of PVR's from p1ssed off SCNO's. I think if you offered any TG1 Sgt/Chief a half decent job on the outside they would walk things have eroded that far. Still its good news for all the Cpls out there. Congrats to all who have got it so far.

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
Well in. When d'ya get the word? Friday?

Yes. OASC last Monday. Told Friday afternoon whilst working in a HAS. FAM visit yesterday. A bit shocked by how quick it has gone but can't wait to start now.

Apologies for going off topic.

Back on topic however I am glad to see the pace of promotion picking up. There are several worthy cpl's in waiting where I work at the moment. Best of luck to everyone in the mixer.

With recent revelations regarding the RAF presence here at the RN's secret South-West helicopter base, I asked my FS to confirm the numbers mentioned in past posts.

151 is still the latest - however the list is NOW CLOSED until the new list is ratified, very earliest 26th July.

Commiserations to those near the top, I feel your pain!

B

bluetonic

I think this years Board has just finished, how you scored is being released via careers managers..

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
...but are there 200 A grades because there is a quota of only 90?

The quota does not reflect the number of A grades, you could have 500 A grades and have a quota of 2. A grade just means they are promotable now.They only wanted 88 last board but ploughed through to 150 odd.

Last edited:

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The quota does not reflect the number of A grades, you could have 500 A grades and have a quota of 2. A grade just means they are promotable now.

Not strictly true. There is a formula somewhere on the manning website that gives the number of As required for the promotion quota. B grade means promotable now just not as competitive as an A grade.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Not strictly true. There is a formula somewhere on the manning website that gives the number of As required for the promotion quota. B grade means promotable now just not as competitive as an A grade.

The number of A's (field) is usually around 2-3 times the quota, unless its a very small board where all the A's will be read. For this trade, the field size will most certainly be at the lower end of the scale, otherwise the 3 members would still be reading come next year!

Last edited:
Back