• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The breakdown of Law and Order.

Vushtrri

Sergeant
Not a new thing. As with many of the tory scorched earth policies, it's been allowed to build for years, and left to labour to sort out.

Here's another fine mess the tories have left for us
And we wonder why Politics in this country is such a mess. Nothing but continuous ‘They did this, they did that and bitching in order to point score when in fact they are as bad as each other….which eventually ends up with the incumbent party being voted out and the new Govt and supporters complaining about the crock of shite they’ve been left with. A few years down the line, the Tories and their supporters on here will be complaining about the crock of shite you and Labour have left for them😂
Tell me that’s not going to happen..

Deltaitem

Corporal
I'm sure it will. This year, people were still saying that the tories weren't doing as well because they hadn't rectified labour's supposed failings during to credit crunch global financial crisis, like, a decade and a half ago. At this stage of the game, after just a month in, it's unrealistic to have expected any new government to turn everything around. Only time will tell what state we'll be in come 2028/9. The tories will absolutely vilify labour's record at that point, because whatever they'll have done, it will have had a leftward slant, so the tories will never agree with their policies. If our cup is half full, labour will point to their record positively, and if not, they'll say they're still clearing up the tories' mess.
The differences I've seen so far though, are a scrapping of Johnson's idiotic Rwanda plan, cutting back on the winter fuel payments, drawing a line under (most of) the NHS pay dispute. A definite change in approach, and time will tell if it works.
But even if things don't go as rosy as even labour HQ might hope for in a few years time, the memory of the tories' car crash in power since 2016 will be fresh in peoples' memory for a long time, there hasn't been a 'single term' government in power since Ted Heath in 70-75, followed by Wilson/Callaghan in 74-79 (I think). Certainly since Thatcher there have been multiple runs in power for both main parties.
I'd say we've got labour for at least two terms, and from my perspective, happy with that.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Never watched GB News and unlikely to do so, but then again I dont really put any news channel on unless its the only one available in the hotel, and Bloomberg is my default.

I think you’re missing the point, that this group is and will be found to be just like the last lot, I’m guessing you voted for them so are championing them, that’s understandable, just understand that other people, and they are in the majority, might have a different point of view.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
While I applaud the Police for their swift actions and the courts for finding time in their very busy, overcrowded schedules to put these people in the dock I am also very wary about how the PM has shouted and they jumped.

The police and courts answer to the crown, not the politicos. Are we on the way to a police state?
No.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It also means the ones who propped up the immature, lying, selfish, petulant, back-stabbing psycho-drama tories resort to thinking up "funny" names for said Grown-ups.

Yet you feel the need to shout "Gammon" at every opportunity whatever that's supposed to mean.

You also had no problems making names up in this post...

Post in thread 'Should Boris resign?' https://www.egoat.net/threads/should-boris-resign.1012057/post-1027918

I've always said and maintain that I've always respected your viewpoints even if I don't agree with them, but don't be hypocritical when others display the same behaviours as yourself when deriding the incumbent crop of politicians.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm not sure what to think of this story.

One train of thought says, well done plod, the other train of thought says that a dangerous precedent is set. Whilst this guy was obviously being a prat, is a jail sentence really appropriate? Furthermore, what happens to someone who innocently shares disinformation?

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Two minds here as well..
He deliberately made up a story that was likely to be inflammatory so definitely deserved a trip to the court. Three months in the nick seems a bit steep though, especially given the highly publicised need to release early people with longer sentences for more serious offences.

As for innocently sharing misinformation or disinformation, my advice to social media users is don't share anything that you are not 100% certain of - content and source.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Two minds here as well..
He deliberately made up a story that was likely to be inflammatory so definitely deserved a trip to the court. Three months in the nick seems a bit steep though, especially given the highly publicised need to release early people with longer sentences for more serious offences.

As for innocently sharing misinformation or disinformation, my advice to social media users is don't share anything that you are not 100% certain of - content and source.
You publish anything on line is publishing. If it breaks the law, expect punishment. Shame the newspapers cannot be fast tracked.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
View attachment 1012006

Face like roast ham joint.

It is somewhat paradoxical. In a thread where those who steer to the political left are prepared to chastise folk about "name calling", appear to revel and be self congratulating when it comes to "name calling".

@Cat Techie

I can only presume that you've got gammon steaks superglued over your eyes. It's the only explanation of why you must run around daily banging into things shouting "Gammon, gammon, gammon, gammon, gammon, gammon, gammon"

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Criticising the Israeli state is not anti-semitic, just as criticising the Iranian state is not Islamaphobic.

I think Israel's occupation and building on the West Bank is wrong, should cease and they should hand the land back to the Palestinians and get out.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Good News. This thread and it content would not be tolerated in Putin’s Russia or North Korea or Iran or Saudi Arabia or any places where even a hint of outpourings against the system are quickly stamped on. It’s a testament to our democracy that, if we stay within the law, we can post our differing views without fear or favour on here. There are those that disagree with the people’s decision to leave the EU 8 years ago, yet others are happy with that, there are those cheering the arrival of a Labour Government whilst others regret the passing of a Conservative one. Free speech and democracy are alive and well on the Goat long may it continue. However, one decision I must make later today, at teatime is it to be chips and gammon with a side order of relish or sausage, chips and mushy peas.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Criticising the Israeli state is not anti-semitic, just as criticising the Iranian state is not Islamaphobic.

You're right, but supporting the terrorist group Hamas, marching and parading around the streets of Britain shouting anti-Semitic chants, IS anti-semitic and it's been tolerated by the police and supported by left leaning organisations.

Another paradox right there. These leftist entities profess to be against "Hate speech" but are quite willing to dish it out at any opportunity. Free speech is exactly that but it cannot be allowed to become free speech in only one direction.

Correlation is not causation but maybe if the police had banned the Pro Hamas marches, the numb nuts on the Far right may not have been emboldened to kick off and destroy our towns and cities.

Deltaitem

Corporal
Good News. This thread and it content would not be tolerated in Putin’s Russia or North Korea or Iran or Saudi Arabia or any places where even a hint of outpourings against the system are quickly stamped on. It’s a testament to our democracy that, if we stay within the law, we can post our differing views without fear or favour on here. There are those that disagree with the people’s decision to leave the EU 8 years ago, yet others are happy with that, there are those cheering the arrival of a Labour Government whilst others regret the passing of a Conservative one. Free speech and democracy are alive and well on the Goat long may it continue. However, one decision I must make later today, at teatime is it to be chips and gammon with a side order of relish or sausage, chips and mushy peas.
I think you should consider plant based and vegan options.

Back