• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

12th of June coming soon

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I think that was 'at least the last 3'. They could read as many as they wanted.

I may be wrong but I thought they awarded up to 27 points for SJARs, with the max being 9 per SJAR, thus implying it was only the last three. But I'll be honest I can't be fagged to confirm now....

As this round didn't affect me I took less interest...

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Many RSBs would have tracked back further than your last few reports, so it should balance out. If you haven't ensured that your reports are accurate then you really only have yourself to blame!

A report can be accurate but if it's badly written it's still a crap report. The words need to match the scores, be non-contradictory and flow well.

I've disagreed with almost every report I've had but it hasn't always ended up with me getting a report I was happy with.

bitter123

LAC
I may be wrong but I thought they awarded up to 27 points for SJARs, with the max being 9 per SJAR, thus implying it was only the last three. But I'll be honest I can't be fagged to confirm now....

Three different people on the RSB giving a maximum of 9 points each. How many assessments each of them look at isn't clear.

bitter123

LAC
Heard today that the redundancies are made up of 70% voluntary and 30% compulsory across the board. This being said by someone who is a reliable chap who may be in a position to get this sort of info. Anyone else heard the same??

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
I think it may average out to around somewhere like that and I am sure there will be efforts to ensure we don't have the roughly 50/50 split which proved so controversial last time around (for example the extra points awarded to volunteers in Tranche 2 compared to Tranche 1) but I don't think for one minute that boards will be working towards that kind of quota.

Noidea

SAC

Nope. Each member awards a score between 0 & 9, 3 board members = 27 points. Board members could track back as far as they wished on JPA to gain a thorough impression of contribution and future value.

MattBombHead

Sergeant
I am actually quite surprised.

With just less than one week to go, no-one has asked what is possibly the most important question of all when we talk about redundancy.

Are any sections out there planning to have a redundancy p155 up on the 12th? :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Surely people need an opportunity to either celebrate or commiserate being selected or not?

HTB

I'm hoping for an extra beer card for a 'survivors party' out here...

Assuming I miss the cut, my replacement arrives that night too - potential double celebration...

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Many RSBs would have tracked back further than your last few reports, so it should balance out. If you haven't ensured that your reports are accurate then you really only have yourself to blame!
d

Love this little gem, standard SJAR sh!te......

You have had cr@p reports written for you and thats your fault for not picking up on your SENIORS report writing ability. Don't blame the fact that you haven't done IMLC and been trained to write SJARs because that's no excuse either - you can go and do the SJAR writing course like me, where you get to spend the day listening to a scribbly OFFICER and SENIORS waffle on about SENIORS who are cr@p at writing SJARs even though they won't train them properly or make the SJAR course compulsory so they just keep writing cr@p reports blissfully unaware of the effect on their lads.

:PDT_Xtremez_06::PDT_Xtremez_06::PDT_Xtremez_30:::P:

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
d

Love this little gem, standard SJAR sh!te......

You have had cr@p reports written for you and thats your fault for not picking up on your SENIORS report writing ability. Don't blame the fact that you haven't done IMLC and been trained to write SJARs because that's no excuse either - you can go and do the SJAR writing course like me, where you get to spend the day listening to a scribbly OFFICER and SENIORS waffle on about SENIORS who are cr@p at writing SJARs even though they won't train them properly or make the SJAR course compulsory so they just keep writing cr@p reports blissfully unaware of the effect on their lads.

:PDT_Xtremez_06::PDT_Xtremez_06::PDT_Xtremez_30:::P:

Agreed.

I've just had an SJAR workshop. The course was mainly seniors, but a couple of us smallies managed to sneak in.:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Ours was well run, with loads of info for those in a position of responsibility on how to improve their own lads SJAR's.

Although it taught me some areas that I could control (such as aspirations/objectives) it didn't detract from the fact that if your 1st RO is crap at writing reports... you won't get promoted. In fact it reinforced this idea! Not everyone has the ability to tell their 1st RO how the report SHOULD be written! :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Luckily for me, after the course, the guy taking the course offered to look through my SJAR's and see where I was going wrong... ah well, at least I don't have to worry about where I'll be on the next board! :PDT_Xtremez_21:

HTB

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Unfortunately, some ROs have taken humbridge to me telling them where they've gone wrong. One threatened to rewrite it with lower numbers to match their 'poor english'.

I always maintain you will never get a higher score than the person writing your report, particularly if communication skills is one of their failings!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Unfortunately, some ROs have taken humbridge to me telling them where they've gone wrong.

Maybe you just aren't as good as you think you are? People are often reluctant to be honest about thier own failings....

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Maybe you just aren't as good as you think you are? People are often reluctant to be honest about thier own failings....

No, I'm not talking about low scores. I'm talking about a poor mastery of English language where they want to give good scores but fail to justify them because of their poor report writing.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
No, I'm not talking about low scores. I'm talking about a poor mastery of English language where they want to give good scores but fail to justify them because of their poor report writing.
I think Downsizer may have been commenting on 'humbridge'.

Agreed.

I've just had an SJAR workshop. The course was mainly seniors, but a couple of us smallies managed to sneak in.:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Ours was well run, with loads of info for those in a position of responsibility on how to improve their own lads SJAR's.

Although it taught me some areas that I could control (such as aspirations/objectives) it didn't detract from the fact that if your 1st RO is crap at writing reports... you won't get promoted. In fact it reinforced this idea! Not everyone has the ability to tell their 1st RO how the report SHOULD be written! :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Luckily for me, after the course, the guy taking the course offered to look through my SJAR's and see where I was going wrong... ah well, at least I don't have to worry about where I'll be on the next board! :PDT_Xtremez_21:

HTB

Yes HTB this workshop is some sort of sick joke!
We did an exercise as a group of 12 where we read 3 stacker SAC SJARs and placed them unanimously in order 1 to 3. The zob running the show said well done you all came to the right conclusion, then she revealed that 2 of the reports were boarded somewhere over a 100 whilst the report we had all put 3rd came off the board top 5. Then they expect you to take the rest of the course seriously!

T

The Masked Geek

I always maintain you will never get a higher score than the person writing your report

Maybe you'ev never been better than any of your ROs.. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

That said, the first SJAR I wrote was higher than the one I got that year, having just been promoted.

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Maybe you'ev never been better than any of your ROs.. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

That said, the first SJAR I wrote was higher than the one I got that year, having just been promoted.

Sorry, I wasn't really referring to the newly promoted, more to the ones holding up promotion for the rest of us and obviously not going any further.

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Unfortunately, some ROs have taken humbridge to me telling them where they've gone wrong. One threatened to rewrite it with lower numbers to match their 'poor english'.

I always maintain you will never get a higher score than the person writing your report, particularly if communication skills is one of their failings!

Tell me you did this on purpose :)

It's either a fishing trip, or one of the most ironic posts I have read in a long time.

Back