• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allowance review inbound...

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
To align themselves more closely with civilian companies the RAF will no longer care where you live, or how you travel, but only that you get to work on time so HTD is scrapped in toto. Similarly where your kids go to school is of no interest to the company so boarding school allowance joins the Harrier in the history books. They also won't be bothered what your other half does for a job. Well this a rumour site and as Downsizer says some rumours could be widely inaccurate.

Are you suggesting the give a flying **** now? My experience is quite the opposite when it comes to spouses, you joined up not them so why should the RAF give a toss? It seems to have been the way my wife and I have been treated over the last 5 or 6 years.

Z

Zerofive

HDT to be reduced, Incidentals Scrapped, Child benifits Reduced, Disturbance allowance reduced ,Daily substince UK and Oversees reduced... Probably..... Ops Bonus and LSA to remain safe though.. I guess.

A

Avery Hardoll

HDT to be reduced, Incidentals Scrapped, Child benifits Reduced, Disturbance allowance reduced ,Daily substince UK and Oversees reduced... Probably..... Ops Bonus and LSA to remain safe though.. I guess.

And basis for X factor to be reviewed.

C

cunningstunts666

Just got in ....2 hrs 37 minutes by bus. Scrap HTD if you dare.....
P.S will be leaving at 15:07 this afternoon to get bus home...:PDT_Xtremez_32:

C

cunningstunts666

The party line will be "You chose to live there!"
Your right I chose to live there (it is my own house) bought around the time the government and MOD pushed out leaflets trying to get as many people to buy there own houses, so they could sell off the married quarters.....All i say is it is going to be funny when they get x number of hundreds maybe thousands off housing apps over the next few days if they do scrap HTD....:PDT_Xtremez_30:

i thought the HTD rate was reviewed every 5 years? and since we just had a cut of 7p a mile not so long back, fail to see how they can justify cutting it again so soon, and the party line of @you chose to live out is true@ but why offer people LSAP,in order to get on the ladder in the first place?? i presumed those who lived out were helpin a little by decreasing the need for block rooms and quarters which are in short supply as it is? i never took advantage of LSAP thankfully, but will head the queue of stampeding airmen to accomodation for a room in the block if HTD is scrapped or reduced, as the contribution at the minute still dosent cover my commute each day!!

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Its 0930 on thurs, if its on the streets and not in breach of rules can someone give us the headlines?

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
I've got my fire extinguishers, bricks, etc, at the ready to chuck at the coppers when I go marching through London to protest about our allowance cuts.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
As a final kick in the slats and aid the PVR rate are they going to scrap the rank of C/T and put techies on the lower pay band?

Back