• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Many JTs Are Actualy Left?

D

DrunkenMonki

Im an ex SACT with 9 O levels and 3 A levels. Begs the question: So what? Never actually helped me with anything!

I was a MECH MECH, when I joined but got upgraded to MECH TECH after cosford.

be honest, is 80% average on tick-tests so hard?

so mech mech's stop yer whinging.

oh and i miss being a JT like fook, no more ponding LAC's and crewroom retaliation BOO!.

being a CPL is crap, but you dont have to do sh*t jobs

Jethro

LAC
mech tech is the way forward, after all what are the amm's all about?

the circle goes around once again.................................

remember being an sac and telling my cpl that i was just waiting for me fitters course, it was guaranted. he replies that if the JT's heard me say that i would get a mighty kicking. after all it never pays to mess with team jt............................:PDT_Xtremez_32:

Jethro

LAC
hey, jt is the best rank in the raf and i think you all non jt bummers should bow down before the 4th prop. NOW!

E

Edzar

Slightly Off Topic I just got my 4 props back, but with 3 stripes under it. The question is, should these SAC Techs and AMM's who have never been a JT be allowed to wear CT rank? Or will they bypass that and go to FS???Off Topic

F

Full-PHAT-Roller

Slightly Off Topic I just got my 4 props back, but with 3 stripes under it. The question is, should these SAC Techs and AMM's who have never been a JT be allowed to wear CT rank? Or will they bypass that and go to FS???Off Topic

I fear Edzar that the buffoons that invented the SAC Tech will rise again to invent the Chief Mech! 3 stripes and a "circle of power" as "THEY" call it, can you imagine!? Oh dear oh dear oh dear. JT till I die!

Last edited:
E

Edzar

I fear Edzar that the buffoons that invented the SAC Tech will rise again to invent the Chief Mech! 3 stripes and a "circle of power" as "THEY" call it, oh dear oh dear oh dear. JT till I die!

Nice One Full-Phat, I hadn't thought of that!! Chief Mech indeed!!!:PDT_Xtremez_17:

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
(paraphrasing)

"When I was a civilian. I thought as a civilian.
But now I am a SNCO I have put away civilian things and I am a JUNIOR TECHNICIAN"

E

Edzar

(paraphrasing)

"When I was a civilian. I thought as a civilian.
But now I am a SNCO I have put away civilian things and I am a JUNIOR TECHNICIAN"

What????:PDT_Xtremez_08:

Can I have a pint of what Jafad's drinking please?

Could we have that one in 'layman's terms'?

Please!

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
What????:PDT_Xtremez_08:

Could we have that one in 'layman's terms'?

Please!

I`m not GOD squad, but if you read the post it says "Paraphrasing" at the top.
I think It`s , St Paul who said it ?

In, Answer to your question, Once a J/T always a J/T

3wheeledtechie

Sergeant
I just got my 4 props back, but with 3 stripes under it. The question is, should these SAC Techs and AMM's who have never been a JT be allowed to wear CT rank? Or will they bypass that and go to FS???

No they will be Sgt Q-OPS! Fcuking smally cnuts

P

pie sandwich

Has to be said though, some sac techs were assmilated like me (lost the offer of a F.T cse due to a fight) and have been in sometimes twice as long as some JT's, and I have been in longer than all the cpls i work with, so less of the smally cnut

F

Flight_idle

Excuse me for being out of date ( I left in 79) but who does the JTs job now?, if SACs do it, is it a money saving excercise?. :PDT_Xtremez_26:

B

Bored@work

I've recently got my tapes and because i'm fairly young people assume that I was an SAC(T), I've never worn wankwheels and this annoys the crap out of me.

E

Edzar

Which means you have to get some numpty to undersign you. That's not the way its sposed 2 be.

Absolutely not!

As NCO's/SNCO's, we are mostly all self-supervisors (SS!!??!!) these days (apart from the new smally Cpls), so we just oversign ourselves! How easy is that?!! :PDT_Xtremez_42:

So you can raise the paperwork on your own, do all the work on your own, sign for it and clear the card and F700 too,,,, on your own....sorted!!:PDT_Xtremez_34:

Its not saving manpower at all, cos at the end of the day you can only work one job at a time, so it will take twice as long!:PDT_Xtremez_14:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Absolutely not!

As NCO's/SNCO's, we are mostly all self-supervisors (SS!!??!!) these days (apart from the new smally Cpls), so we just oversign ourselves! How easy is that?!! :PDT_Xtremez_42:

So you can raise the paperwork on your own, do all the work on your own, sign for it and clear the card and F700 too,,,, on your own....sorted!!:PDT_Xtremez_34:

Its not saving manpower at all, cos at the end of the day you can only work one job at a time, so it will take twice as long!:PDT_Xtremez_14:

Ahhhh....but don't forget Edzar, your not allowed to self task so you still need someone to tell you to do the job in the first place....and if he/she is there to give you the task they should be able to get off their ar$es and help you with it.

Self sup should not be used "as the norm" but the way it's going there will be only one of each trade on shift anyways.

Crack on.....it's the future you know......:PDT_Xtremez_09:

J

JT 4 ever

Well theres still a few JTs on my shift, but I remember on my multiskilling course some smallie bird in the NAAFI that I was trying to get into hadn't even heard of JT... well she did have ginger hair!

Back